• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Commerce notes

Are they helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
- IGCSE & GCSE Accounting Very Useful Website

- GCE Commerce note Download here

- Tips on how to answer the Business IGCSE Exam

Paper 2 have case studies and the answer is mostly from the context given...
But you also have to use your knowledge(study well for business)

Their are different types of questions:
When there is a question stating to options always write the pro's and con's of both and in the end conclude
smiley.gif

About a 12 mark question..
It still depends on question like the above one ^^^^
You just have to expand it with more ideas and the main points
smiley.gif

Example:
Question - Which is better to give training or not? (i made my own question but it might be their)
Answer - Providing the Training will help motivating the employees. Motivation will lead to high output as well as better Quality. The revenue of the business may increase as the quality of the product is better and the product is available. This will all result in High profits, even more motivation of the employees as they may get bonuses for better work.
But on the other hand training would definitely increase the cost of the business and the production would also delay as the employees are gone for training.
In the end, i would like to conclude that providing training is has more advantages than it disadvantages as you can see itself may increase profits and motivation that makes a successful business.
----------------------------- the end------------------------------------------

With Business Studies they can bombard you wwith questions from any chapter. In paper 1 go through the past papers and you'll notice the last sub question of each primary question tends to be repeated.

In paper 2 be well prepared with marketing, demand and supply, modes of communication and financial statements (this should be easy since you take accounting).

In accounting the format has changed so that there are MCQs on your first papers.

Profit and Loss accounts and Balance sheets are a favourite, so be well prepared with those.

Depreciation calculations and the theory regarding accounting conventions (prudence, historical cost etc.) should be concentrated on.

Some Notes attached

Like if I Helped

Attachments

• IGCSE_Busiess-Studies_Formular (impt).pdf
    903.7 KB · Views: 83
Reaction score
- IGCSE & GCSE Accounting Very Useful Website

- GCE Commerce note Download here

- Tips on how to answer the Business IGCSE Exam

Paper 2 have case studies and the answer is mostly from the context given...
But you also have to use your knowledge(study well for business)

Their are different types of questions:
When there is a question stating to options always write the pro's and con's of both and in the end conclude
smiley.gif

About a 12 mark question..
It still depends on question like the above one ^^^^
You just have to expand it with more ideas and the main points
smiley.gif

Example:
Question - Which is better to give training or not? (i made my own question but it might be their)
Answer - Providing the Training will help motivating the employees. Motivation will lead to high output as well as better Quality. The revenue of the business may increase as the quality of the product is better and the product is available. This will all result in High profits, even more motivation of the employees as they may get bonuses for better work.
But on the other hand training would definitely increase the cost of the business and the production would also delay as the employees are gone for training.
In the end, i would like to conclude that providing training is has more advantages than it disadvantages as you can see itself may increase profits and motivation that makes a successful business.
----------------------------- the end------------------------------------------

With Business Studies they can bombard you wwith questions from any chapter. In paper 1 go through the past papers and you'll notice the last sub question of each primary question tends to be repeated.

In paper 2 be well prepared with marketing, demand and supply, modes of communication and financial statements (this should be easy since you take accounting).

In accounting the format has changed so that there are MCQs on your first papers.

Profit and Loss accounts and Balance sheets are a favourite, so be well prepared with those.

Depreciation calculations and the theory regarding accounting conventions (prudence, historical cost etc.) should be concentrated on.

Some Notes attached

Like if I Helped

here:D

Reaction score
Would you happen to know any site with solved past papers?

EDIT: Also, can someone please explain the difference between Efficiency and Productivity?
Productivity is based on how much is produced in a certain amount of time.

Efficiency is based on materials spent in production. The lesser time, energy materials etc. used to produce the product is higher efficiency.

Reaction score
Sorry to bother again. But I need help in w12_qp13. Q5 e) 6 mark q asking "Do you think that company profits can be damaged by employment laws and health and safety laws? Justify your answer."

I really dont know how to answer this.

EDIT: Also q 4 d and e.

Reaction score
tomorrow BST exam ! how to prepare my self !! plzz say !! i have paper 0450/12 .. plzz suggest sumthng !! Inshallah i ll be getting A* in this subjct ! . . evn u all !! . :) .