• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

colour change.........Protein test for bio 51

How was Biology Paper 51

• Total voters
Reaction score
What was the colur change for bio protein test and explain how u did it.......................
Please help

Reaction score
ya bro......but the colour change was somehow doubtful..........................................what colour was urs.........................

Reaction score
purple...i guess 3/4 of the class heated it on a water bath....

Reaction score
well.........................lets...................hope for the best..........the 1st batch did not get purple................but most of them got green.................................dude its confusion.......................................................

Reaction score
well.........................lets...................hope for the best..........the 1st batch did not get purple................but most of them got green.................................dude its confusion.......................................................
serious? ever heard of a biuret test giving a green result? o_O

Reaction score
everyone used biurete test including me............................some were even corrected.............but yet i think this teacher sucks big time...........may have change labels..............dam........well it was 2 mks.............bro ........................well that 4 mks thing...........difference between 10% and water leaves...........we had to explain in relation to water potential

Reaction score
everyone used biurete test including me............................some were even corrected.............but yet i think this teacher sucks big time...........may have change labels..............dam........well it was 2 mks.............bro ........................well that 4 mks thing...........difference between 10% and water leaves...........we had to explain in relation to water potential
Man it was cwazie....Ruben was the one coming to us to give us hot water, and Onyingo sat with one hand on one side of the face....
Did you even notice a difference in that 4 mks thingy?

Reaction score
There was no colour change... And the hot water bath was to confuse people in to doing the test for reducing sugars.

Reaction score
There was no colour change... And the hot water bath was to confuse people in to doing the test for reducing sugars.
Yeah can you imagine our lab assistant started pouring hot water for us, its like he was making us use the hot water bath for that.....damn this worlds' over-enthusiasts......:censored:

Reaction score
I don't think we ever need to heat for biuret test, we heat only for Reducing sugars don't we? :unsure: