• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

co -curicular activities

Reaction score
okay ,I read this word in one post and I don't know what it means exactly so can someone explain it to me?and what are their importance?
Also does anyone knows what does it take to find a scholarship to study medicine in one of the big universities in england ? thanks

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i can answer ur first question ..these are activities related to curriculum i.e. ur course

Reaction score
can you explain more ,what are they and what do they do?and it is a must for college or what?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Actually related to university i dont know but what we had in schools were just to make us do some activity since they r important for keeping childeren active!!LIke the competitons held in school!!only this is what i know!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Involving in a Co-Curricular activity, actually means doing not only WELL in your acedamics but also equally GOOD in other fields like DEBATING, SPORTS, MUSIC, ORGANISING smth, Helping out N.G.O and poor people (like flood victims-recent example) etc..

Top-class universities really consider these Co-Curricular activities... As they show the leadership qualities and other skills of that student besides Studies...
A Student with Co-curricular activites has a higher chances to get into a good university than a student whose Co-Curricular activities are ZERO...
They are then considered as BOOK WORMS :D

Reaction score
so how can I share in them if I am home studying in a country like saudi arabia?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
That means u r ONLY studying and nothing else :(
U shud at least work as a volunteer for an Organisation to get a CERTIFICATE...
That'll really work...
Or otherwise Co-curricular activities are not MUST to do..
U can get admission on ur GOOD GRADES also..
I juz cleared the fact that these activities are counted!!!

Reaction score
yeah actually I 'm either studying ,watching tv or online and that's because I found no organisations here at least where I live ,maybe if I had been in Egypt I would have really found sth .
so is there any activities that can be done online?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
There might be some :)
Well, I'l let you noe later.. :)

Do not worry as the ONLY thing that matters is ur GRADES..
Co-curricular activities come later :)

Reaction score
my grades are fine but when I'm aiming for sth big I should expect to do sth big to get ,at least that's how it usually works,isn't it?

Reaction score
my grades are fine but when I'm aiming for sth big I should expect to do sth big to get it ,at least that's how it usually works,isn't it?

Reaction score
The co-curcular activities are really a ones that are very good and informative to others and I think this kind of activities are really good to have.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
All you need is ' A certificate or any other proof ' so u can show'em that u really have done something.