• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE RESULTS 2015

Reaction score
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE~
Im really worried haha, I did 8 subjects but I'm only receiving grades for only 7 due to a problem happening in cambridge or w/e.
I did these subjects;
Bio / Chem / Physics / Intl. extended Maths / Arabic / Enterprise (not getting my results tomorrow ;/ ) / first lang. English Lit & Language.

ahhh gl!!
same here english lang and lit arabic damn im scared really scared whyyyy :(

Reaction score
Moderate Result:(:(:(

3A*s [Physics, Chemistry & French]
4As [Biology(unbelievable)Mathematics, ICT(unbelievable) and Geography]
1B (English first language) <-------------- (Screw this)

Reaction score
I got an A* in maths, A in accounting,A in biology and C in english as second language
I can't believe it after all of the intense hard work i spent in weeks before the exam and this is my result.
I don't know what i have to do next after getting the results. I became so demotivated after seeing that i got a C in english as second language and my hard work just vanished in the air while everybody says that an A* is easy to achieve and i did the best i can but i only reached for a C in the exams while i scored an A* in almost all of the english past papers, especially biology and accounting which i can't understand why i got an A if i did very well in their past papers. Does anybody have an advice how to overcome this excessive pressure and demotivation?

Reaction score
I got an A* in maths, A in accounting,A in biology and C in english as second language
I can't believe it after all of the intense hard work i spent in weeks before the exam and this is my result.
I don't know what i have to do next after getting the results. I became so demotivated after seeing that i got a C in english as second language and my hard work just vanished in the air while everybody says that an A* is easy to achieve and i did the best i can but i only reached for a C in the exams while i scored an A* in almost all of the english past papers, especially biology and accounting which i can't understand why i got an A if i did very well in their past papers. Does anybody have an advice how to overcome this excessive pressure and demotivation?

I understand that bad results can have a huge impact on some people. It takes at least two years to study for IGs yet seeing the results only takes a blink of an eye. You must calm yourself down and try to understand why things went the way they did. Normally, your teachers at school have data on specific components you took and how you scored in them. You should find out about these for all your subjects. This way, you will know in exactly which paper your pitfall was. If you think that a certain paper has an unrealistically low result, or that overall you only needed one mark to get from A to A* or C to B, you should consider applying for a recheck. However, do this only if you are confident on an improved result.
You could also just retake for simplicity. Some times we just have a bad day. If you plan to retake, I suggest you read the Examiner Reports on the subject (marked as _er usually). Many people lose marks despite having knowledge due to small things that are often mentioned in the examiner reports.
Finally, I would like to say that your results are actually pretty good. Having the capability for an A* in math is not very common. Getting an A in bio and accounting is also not bad! In fact, I am currently doing A levels and also looking at universities to apply for, and most of them do not care about IG results! All they want is good A level results. What this means is that you have the option to just move on, and work harder on A levels.
I would also like to mention, hard work is good, but it should be effective. You shouldn't always rely on teachers. Do your own research. Mark your own papers. Know exactly what the examiner wants you to say when he asks a question. Again, examiner reports are invaluable in this regard.
Cheer up :)

Reaction score
I understand that bad results can have a huge impact on some people. It takes at least two years to study for IGs yet seeing the results only takes a blink of an eye. You must calm yourself down and try to understand why things went the way they did. Normally, your teachers at school have data on specific components you took and how you scored in them. You should find out about these for all your subjects. This way, you will know in exactly which paper your pitfall was. If you think that a certain paper has an unrealistically low result, or that overall you only needed one mark to get from A to A* or C to B, you should consider applying for a recheck. However, do this only if you are confident on an improved result.
You could also just retake for simplicity. Some times we just have a bad day. If you plan to retake, I suggest you read the Examiner Reports on the subject (marked as _er usually). Many people lose marks despite having knowledge due to small things that are often mentioned in the examiner reports.
Finally, I would like to say that your results are actually pretty good. Having the capability for an A* in math is not very common. Getting an A in bio and accounting is also not bad! In fact, I am currently doing A levels and also looking at universities to apply for, and most of them do not care about IG results! All they want is good A level results. What this means is that you have the option to just move on, and work harder on A levels.
I would also like to mention, hard work is good, but it should be effective. You shouldn't always rely on teachers. Do your own research. Mark your own papers. Know exactly what the examiner wants you to say when he asks a question. Again, examiner reports are invaluable in this regard.
Cheer up :)

Thank you so much for you advice although my situation is currently difficult because i want to apply for a medicine university in my country which has probably very hard requirements and in order to apply for medicine i need an A* in every single subject in igcse and they are supposed to be 8 subjects with the addition that i need an A* in A level biology.that's why i don't like having a grade other than an A* in my results.

Reaction score
Thank you so much for you advice although my situation is currently difficult because i want to apply for a medicine university in my country which has probably very hard requirements and in order to apply for medicine i need an A* in every single subject in igcse and they are supposed to be 8 subjects with the addition that i need an A* in A level biology.that's why i don't like having a grade other than an A* in my results.
I see. In that case, if you want to go to that university, you must redo some of your subjects, and study hard for them. I think you'll still have to do 4 more subjects. If you are determined to enter the university, you must make the effort.
However, there are many other options still available, do not give up. There are thousands of universities. Over 60 exist in your country.
Good luck with whatever you do. :)