• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE or Edexcel?

Reaction score
The reason why edexcel has recognion too is because they are a 'Pearson company' which is a massive publisher of books

Reaction score
my school offers cambridge a levels and cambridge igcse's , some people change school and go for edexcel a levels and they are the ones who get good grades . for example students who continued with cambridge with grades like 5 astar 3 a's and 4 astars got d's and e's in cambridge AS where as those of edexcel still managed to get b's and c's . In my case i got 2 astar's 3 a 3 b in o levels and in my CIE AS i got bcc even after a LOT of hardwork . Universities except both , no university says that we accept only edexcel or only cambridge results THEY EXCEPT BOTH. all i can say is , Learn from the mistakes others make, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself!

Reaction score
hey there did anyone take the jan/2014 C12 maths examinations because I don't know if calculators are allowed or not.... I know that when we take C1 and C2 in separate examinations we are not allowed to use a calculator for the C1 part.... please anyone answer

Reaction score
I've looked in the Sample Assessment Materials for IAL unit C12 - unlike the normal A level where C1 is non-calculator and C2 is calculator, unit C12 IS a calculator paper. HOWEVER, there may be questions where the use of a calculator is forbidden (so you will have to show sufficient working, including that for any 'basic' calculations where you'd normally use a calculator, i.e. doing a calculation such as 435 x 913 or something). But yes, the paper as a whole is a calculator paper.
hey there did anyone take the jan/2014 C12 maths examinations because I don't know if calculators are allowed or not.... I know that when we take C1 and C2 in separate examinations we are not allowed to use a calculator for the C1 part.... please anyone answer

Reaction score
I've looked in the Sample Assessment Materials for IAL unit C12 - unlike the normal A level where C1 is non-calculator and C2 is calculator, unit C12 IS a calculator paper. HOWEVER, there may be questions where the use of a calculator is forbidden (so you will have to show sufficient working, including that for any 'basic' calculations where you'd normally use a calculator, i.e. doing a calculation such as 435 x 913 or something). But yes, the paper as a whole is a calculator paper.
thanks a lot for replying :)