• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE FRENCH AS LEVEL

Reaction score
HEY.. so who is doing the french AS level for CIE? How was the oral exam what was your topic?

I have a question on how i should study for the essay paper....since there are 4 topics do I just only study for one of the topics really well like food and drink, and not the others?

Reaction score
HEY.. so who is doing the french AS level for CIE? How was the oral exam what was your topic?

I have a question on how i should study for the essay paper....since there are 4 topics do I just only study for one of the topics really well like food and drink, and not the others?

I am doing french main. I have my oral exams in one week. Isn't it supposed to be like 'choosing one of the 27 already set themes', preparing on that particular topic ? et puis tu n'as qu'a faire une presentation. On va ensuite te poser des questions sur ce theme et pour clore le tout, on te posera des questions generales sur toi-meme.

I suggest that you prepare on at least 3 topics because sometimes the titles really s**k. The thing is that I do not have many ideas on the topics. wanna share?

for literature, what texts have you chosen?

Reaction score
I am doing french main. I have my oral exams in one week. Isn't it supposed to be like 'choosing one of the 27 already set themes', preparing on that particular topic ? et puis tu n'as qu'a faire une presentation. On va ensuite te poser des questions sur ce theme et pour clore le tout, on te posera des questions generales sur toi-meme.

I suggest that you prepare on at least 3 topics because sometimes the titles really s**k. The thing is that I do not have many ideas on the topics. wanna share?

for literature, what texts have you chosen?

I am doing the french CIE French AS level so I don't know if it's different or the same, but my topic is food and drink ....thats the one I am studying for ..what are yours?

Reaction score
yeah, it's the same. food and drink, generation gap, equality of rights...
for literature, i'm doing Antigone,bourgeois gentilhomme and therese Desqueyroux and you?

Reaction score
yeah, it's the same. food and drink, generation gap, equality of rights...
for literature, i'm doing Antigone,bourgeois gentilhomme and therese Desqueyroux and you?

I'm only doing AS so i don't have to do literature with the books like those you said and also un barrage contre le pacifique. I did the reading and writing test yesterday and now i'm just trying to figure out what to do for the essay which is tomorow ..do you have any sample answers so that it would be great if I could have an example of how to structure my essay :)

Reaction score
unfortunately, i guess it's too late now for me to send you any sample answers, though i do not have any :p
how did you find the paper. I did on 'conflit des generations'. and you?

Reaction score
unfortunately, i guess it's too late now for me to send you any sample answers, though i do not have any :p
how did you find the paper. I did on 'conflit des generations'. and you?

THATS SO weird because I did that question 2.. I was suppose to do l'alimentation et les boissons but the question looked hard. The question for conflict des generations seemed to be the easiest because there was a lot to talk about with young being disrespectful and not caring about their parents,the environment, themselves, school......I guess that's most of what I could think of to write, but I wrote a bit more than 400 words so that might be a problem....:S

Reaction score
Bonjour tout le monde. J'ai passé mes examens de DELF A1, A2 et aussi O Level French. Est-ce que vous pensez que c'est possible pour moi á reussir á AS level French aussi? Je n'ai pas beaucoup les temps por etudier les texts alors je dois passer AS comme nous n'avons pas les TEXTS lá. Comment je peux etudier pour AS French? Quelques bons livres? Je passera l'examen en 2015. Merci