• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE Exams 2014. Help needed (Pak-Studies,Islamiat)

Reaction score
Hi guys, is it possible to give the exam by studying only section 1 and 2 in History ? I have heard that this year questions can come mixed from all sections. I don't want to study section 3, please help.
2)I have studied Geography from the Huma Naz Sethi book, is it sufficient or are there any other sources that should be looked at ?
3) In Islamiat how many quotes are sufficient for 4 and 10 mark answers and in Surahs and Hadith can we write one quote in any one part only or is it necessary for both parts ?
In question 2 of P1, if a question comes relating to Quranic themes, are we required to quote the whole surahs or only a verse ?
Thank You for all the help in advance and good luck for the papers :)

Reaction score
1) Section 1 and 2 are enough, most of the people(including me) are only doing 1 and 2, and if by any chance 3 questions do come from Section 3 then most of the canditates aren't going to do well, hence you will be saved by relative marking.
But if you really do want to be on the safe side then you should give it a reading a couple of times from Nigel Kelly.

2) Huma Naz Sethi is more than enough. Though i think you should do some past papers as it helps you in your thinking process.

3) Quotations are not really required in a 4 mark question if they are relevant and supporting your point(Importance of prayer, you can say it is an obligatory duty and quote a Quranic verse supporting it) then you can use them but they are mainly analytical questions, in a 10 Mark question 3/4 references are enough(Quran or Hadith) You obviously don't have to quote an entire Surah, just the relevant verse and if you want to, you can mention the Surah and Ayat number.