• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE English language 9093

Reaction score
Plzz guyzz give me some refrence materail to study from
I m retaking AS level
At first i got a D
will be trying to get a B this tym plzzz hlp me

Reaction score
I got a B (75) in 2014 May/June session.

Well I didn't really look at any materials, just for literary devices.

Well for paper 1, what I kept in my mind was the EAP (Evidence, Analysis, and Purpose)

You might also check the example responses given by the Cambridge... I believe it's in the Xtremepapers

Reaction score
should i actually reapear for english
i m a bit confused
do universities really need it
i m planing for UK n canada
cant i just give ielts n go on................

Reaction score
Hey i think ielts is just fine. It's really really tough to get a B in English 9093. It's the Toughest English exam in my opinion. Tougher than SAT, TOEFEL< IELTS. But if you planning to go outside Ielts is just fine, also give SAT. Most of my friends who flunked in A level english actually gave Ielts and now they are in Canada, London and Australia. But just be sure what the uni wants ;)

Reaction score
Well,@priyasharma i'm an indian aswell.Feeling shamefull to say that my whole class including me are ungraded in English AS Level..We are working hard this time to gt grades in English Language nd yeah m planning for abroad aswell,So what i suggest u is DON'T REPEAT ENGLISH! D Is fine if u hv above C in other 3 main subjects..

Reaction score
I got a B (75) in 2014 May/June session.

Well I didn't really look at any materials, just for literary devices.

Well for paper 1, what I kept in my mind was the EAP (Evidence, Analysis, and Purpose)

You might also check the example responses given by the Cambridge... I believe it's in the Xtremepapers

could you also send me more tips, I cannot find anything here in the xtreme, we are 3 people doing english paper 1 and 2, and we have no clue. Only one student has done in the entire school and he got an E.. so we have no teacher or books
Help would be appreciated for english as level 9093

Reaction score
The same Conditions Apply here!
There is no English language faculty in the school+I don't have anyone to guide me.Moreover i have Failed in English language AS level Twice and the last time i.e OCT\NOV 2014 i jst couldn't Reach the grade E by 1 MARK!plzzz help me especially in paper 1..

Reaction score
could you also send me more tips, I cannot find anything here in the xtreme, we are 3 people doing english paper 1 and 2, and we have no clue. Only one student has done in the entire school and he got an E.. so we have no teacher or books
Help would be appreciated for english as level 9093

The same Conditions Apply here!
There is no English language faculty in the school+I don't have anyone to guide me.Moreover i have Failed in English language AS level Twice and the last time i.e OCT\NOV 2014 i jst couldn't Reach the grade E by 1 MARK!plzzz help me especially in paper 1..

Hello! First of all, you won't be able to find materials under the subject code 9093 since this is a totally new syllabus; you may find the past papers for AS Level English Language under the subject code 8693 (http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/English - Language (8693)/)

If you go there, you will be able to find model answers released by Cambridge. Moreover, please ask your CIE coordinator or any teacher whether they will be able to find resources in the teacher's website. I am sure that teachers (who teach English Language) did upload their teaching materials on the teacher's site.

Now, as a student who took the English Language exam, now for paper 1 and 2, you have 2 hrs and 15 mintues - use this extra 15 minutes to carefully select the topics - topics that you can confidently write in the 45-50 minutes of your time - the rest of the time is for rechecking the paper.

For practicing paper 2 Topic A, try to make a mind map - for instance, when you are given a scene of a city, what image comes into your mind? The smell? The people? The atmosphere - everything!

Since I'm quite busy atm, I will continues this when I will get free time. Anyways, good luck!

Reaction score
Cambridge International AS Level English Language and Literature
by Helen Toner and Elizabeth Whittome
This book will help you for paper 1 and 2
Read and write alot for paper 2. It will really help