• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE answer space

Reaction score
Someone told me that you must only write in the given space (the lines) and anything which exceeds the answer space will not be counted.
Is this true? Pleasee, answer!

Reaction score
I hope not, since I did write a little below the last line provided because I had no space left, partly because I crossed out a couple answers and partly because my writing's a bit large. lol
Although, some people were saying that it would not be counted as you have to keep within the answer space provided.

Reaction score
There are markers at the corners of the page- you shouldnt write beyond those. if you want to continue further use the blank pages thats what they're for!

Reaction score
what about if you donot go any further than the provided margin on the page but just continue a bit further than the writing line ? I did so . . And next 4 marks depends on it . . :p

Reaction score
please somebody tell me either examiners penalize us for cuttings or not in any part of paper

Reaction score
what about if you donot go any further than the provided margin on the page but just continue a bit further than the writing line ? I did so . . And next 4 marks depends on it . . :p
LOOL, I did the same! That's why I was a bit worried. But, I guess it's cool.

Reaction score
I gave my O levels and got A*'s (Allhumdullilah) . I specifically remember I wrote exceeding the line limit. Even drew a star and continued from the bottom empty space :p
It does not matter as long as what your writing makes sense.