• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Choosing Subjects :/

Reaction score
Heyy :D So well I'm Kinda in this mixed up situtation :/ and im confused about the decision im taking :evil: . Well im in my Year 9 and it is coming to an end by choosing our subjects. I was thinking weather i should take art for software engineering :D i know i should but then i just suck at it :/ so im in mixed minds... So could anyone help me decide weather i should take art or no :/

Reaction score
Decide it urself.... WHen you are not good at it then proably you should not take it....

Reaction score
Well select the subjects you are good at and what you like !! For e.g I m good at Computer (Allahdulliah) but I find it boring !! work your self to certain subjects and do a little research on each subject that whether you like it or not !!

Reaction score
I agree with everyone.

Choose something you're actually interested in cuz you're gonna have to stick with it for 2 years, and believe it or not, it's a loooooong time :) You don't want to get bored and fall back on your grades or something half way through.

Another thing is, well, at least, in our school, they give us some insight on every subject so we know what we're gonna be up for ... Also, they allow up to a month for us to make our decisions permanent, allowing for anybody who wants to change their minds, drop a subject etc.

But also, keep your career in mind, although it's not as important.
If you're thinking about, for e.g. Medicine, then you'll obv. have to take 3 sciences, otherwise, you may end up in some trouble later on :)

In the end, the choice is yours... Don't stress too much about it, though.
Good luck :)

Reaction score
I don't know if your school allows you to change subject after the first few weeks, if you can then you should give it a try and think to yourself whether it suits you or not. Check out the syllabus, trust me it will help you a lot because it tells you what to study and etc.

Lastly, if you are not confident in it, don't do it, if you are confident, then do it. If you are really stuck, ask your parents :)