• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemsitry Paper 31!!!!

Reaction score
i don't know whose ryt over here but i don't understand why r u dividing 5/2 to get 2.5 there is one student in our school who did like u did!!
because ratio of 2I- : I2 is 2:1 and we were using iodide, not iodine for the experiment......so u have to divide by 2 because the question was asking about iodine i think......:/

Reaction score
no problem u will loose 1-2 marks for that but u will get the marks for the graph and for the table including units!!!!!

i hope so cz i did enter the units in the tavle and i took volume on x axis n rate on y axis i gota straight line too n the invigilator there sed dont copy even if yur ans are wrong they consider the method yuve done....according to tht u'll be rewarded..so i did it my way got almost the same but not exact..i hope there is ECF available..:/

Reaction score
didn't the question say to divide by the total volume which was 20 cm3????? Then it would be 2.5*10-5* 1000/20 to give you 1.25*-3.... the question actually said divde by the total volume.. Didn't it?

Reaction score
didn't the question say to divide by the total volume which was 20 cm3????? Then it would be 2.5*10-5* 1000/20 to give you 1.25*-3.... the question actually said divde by the total volume.. Didn't it?
i don't know about that total volume for that conc was 50cm^3 for which u had to find the conc!!

Reaction score
Guys ..... wat if some1 makes a wrong observation and deduces their salt according to their own observation .... do they get the error carried forward mark ???

Reaction score
Guys ..... wat if some1 makes a wrong observation and deduces their salt according to their own observation .... do they get the error carried forward mark ???
maybe!!btw u shouldn't get any wrong observation unless u have used wrong reagents to identify!!