• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY!!

Reaction score
AssalamoAlaikum.Can someone please give me some good notes about Hess's Law?
I'll be really greatful.
thanks in advance :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Waalaikumassalam!!
I havent yet taken this chapter...comes under which topic btw??

Reaction score
its under Chemical Energetics.
we've also not covered this chapter, but i'm doing it cuz we're going really slow acc. to the vast syllabus in school.
btw which chapter are u on?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
we've finished...atomic structure,chemical bonding,nitrogen,sulfur,states of matter...now will start chemical periodicity!!
what about u??

Reaction score
we're done with atomic structure, atoms molecules and soichiometry, chemical bonding and states of matter
we'll start with chemical energetics tomorrow InshaAllah.
we've 21 chapters this year..so dont u think we r going too slow?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
actually we've got a very nice teacher and i'm sure teacher's gonna cover the syllabus!! we have our exams after 2 months and we'll be having 3 more chapters plus the chapters i mentioned for the exam...then we'll start with organic chemistry!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
seven.....we dont have organic chemistry..the 3 chapters are chemical periodicity,group VII and group II !!
What about u??

Reaction score
our exam is after 2 and half months
and our chemistry teacher is new...so we told her to finish the syllabus this term so we can work on the past papers next term.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Will u be giving the AS exams this session??
by the way the reason our teacher is going at this speed is so that we understand everything clearly...but completing the syllabus in this term itself...i think that's nt gud...u might have all the things jumbled in ur mind...i dont knoow..by the way after completing each chapter we keep one day to do the questions in the pastpapers from 2002-2009 of that chapter!! so going side by side...and most probably we'll have our annual exams by the first week of april and then we'll start with A2 syllabus!!we'll be giving the exams of AS / A2 next year together!!

Reaction score
ooohhh nyc idea math angel.....we hav done chemical bonding mole states of matter nd nw studyin EQUILIBRIA........so everyone is goin slow i guess

Reaction score
oh so u'll be giving the exam of As and A2 together.
i'll be giving the As june 2011.
and i think doing the syllabus this term is fine, cuz the syllabus has most chapters form IGCSE plus some new info so it wont be too much borden.

Reaction score
ya me also givin lyk u larina....i wanted to knw do u guyx have studied hybridisation,SIGMA and PI bonds in BONDING chapter

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
larina said:
oh so u'll be giving the exam of As and A2 together.
i'll be giving the As june 2011.
and i think doing the syllabus this term is fine, cuz the syllabus has most chapters form IGCSE plus some new info so it wont be too much borden.
hmmm..if u r giving this session then may be it's fine but due to sum reasons our teacher dont prefer giving AS and A2 seperately!!
hassam said:
ooohhh nyc idea math angel.....we hav done chemical bonding mole states of matter nd nw studyin EQUILIBRIA........so everyone is goin slow i guess
idea abt what .... :shock: :)

hassam said:
ya me also givin lyk u larina....i wanted to knw do u guyx have studied hybridisation,SIGMA and PI bonds in BONDING chapter
i have done only sigma and pi bonds

Reaction score
yes i am done with boding chap. bt whats hybridisation?
im so tensed....4 chaps out of 21 and mocks after 6 months!

Reaction score
oohh.......u guyx studies sigma and pi bond bt do not know abt hybridisation...strange...then mayB hybridisation will nt be in syllabus....bt shud i tell u wats hybridisatin