• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Unit 3 exam discussion here >>>>

Reaction score
wat abt the improvement question??? wat did anyone write for that??
haha for the improvement i wrote that you should cover the top so that they dont bounce..then i realised that water evaporates..but i still wrote it :p
and the other one..all the substance should be transfered to the crucible :p

Reaction score
yah wt did u guys write 4 the improvemnts thing? n the effects of the errors

Reaction score
haha for the improvement i wrote that you should cover the top so that they dont bounce..then i realised that water evaporates..but i still wrote it :p
and the other one..all the substance should be transfered to the crucible :p

lol i wrote use an electric heater instead of bunsen flame, it made sense then i like a stupid person cancelled it! i also wrote to use a waterbath for some reason unknown to me! :/

Reaction score
Unfortunately I also worked out delta H as +64 kj/mol, but I got the percentage error as + or- 0.29%

Reaction score
when the crystals would bounce away the mass of water removed would increase..thats what i wrote...cuz i tried decreasing the value for "mass after heating" and subtracted it with the other value...and the mass of water removed was more..

Reaction score
For the improvements I wrote : weigh the crucible immediately after heating and second one was to remove the crucible, then add the hydrated solid and place it back on the balance incase of spillage won't fall on balance. So this is a more accurate way of fInding the mass. I got x to be 2.3. Are these answers reasonable?

Reaction score
yah i
For the improvements I wrote : weigh the crucible immediately after heating and second one was to remove the crucible, then add the hydrated solid and place it back on the balance incase of spillage won't fall on balance. So this is a more accurate way of fInding the mass. I got x to be 2.3. Are these answers reasonable?
yah thts wt i got.. i got 2.2

Reaction score

yeah my x was 2.3 too