• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry sux :(

Reaction score
yar which is not a redox reaction...one option is neutralization other???

Neutralization (alkali+acids) is not redox as for oxidation or reduction to occur, electrons have to be involved. Either they are lost or gained, and as you probably know, loosing electrons is defined as oxidation and gaining electrons as reduction. If, the substances have already lost or gained electrons and exist as charged particles in solution; they just switch partners. For example, in the classic definition of neutralization, a base contains ( OH- ) ions and an acid contains ( H+ ) ions. If they combine there are no electrons transferred so no oxidation or reduction takes place, and the remaining ions also combine with no electron shifts. Precipitation reactions are exactly the same except that when certain ions in solution combine,( with no electrons exchanged), the substance formed is insoluble and precipitates.

Reaction score
Neutralization (alkali+acids) is not redox as for oxidation or reduction to occur, electrons have to be involved. Either they are lost or gained, and as you probably know, loosing electrons is defined as oxidation and gaining electrons as reduction. If, the substances have already lost or gained electrons and exist as charged particles in solution; they just switch partners. For example, in the classic definition of neutralization, a base contains ( OH- ) ions and an acid contains ( H+ ) ions. If they combine there are no electrons transferred so no oxidation or reduction takes place, and the remaining ions also combine with no electron shifts. Precipitation reactions are exactly the same except that when certain ions in solution combine,( with no electrons exchanged), the substance formed is insoluble and precipitates.
oho..thanx hann......yeah INSHALLAH...bas duwa karna maira bhee A aa hee jai..:) but i think no chance....:(

Reaction score
yeah m doing it right now...cuz tomorrow is physix atp...!! but m more tensed wid chemistry :(
i did chemistry. im scared for the mcq's cause thats where i always lose marks. ihave to practise mcqs more. :/ dont worry you'll do good Inshallah :)
chem is not that bad. i kinda like it :p
Physics atp is goin okay. not difficult as such. you doing past papers only?

Reaction score
i did chemistry. im scared for the mcq's cause thats where i always lose marks. ihave to practise mcqs more. :/
chem is not that bad. i kinda like chem. :p
Physics atp is goin okay. not difficult as such. you doing past papers only?
hmm yup..wat about physix p1 en p2 hw were they??