• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry practical 34 oct/nov important

Reaction score
The compound was a CH3COO(minus) group,so either an ester or a carboxylic acid would be correct.
And the readings for the reaction time dont really matter.CIE just verifies it with correspondence to your examiner's performed experimental results and not our reasdings actually.and there is quite a bit of range also acceptable for the values also.

Reaction score
The compound was a CH3COO(minus) group,so either an ester or a carboxylic acid would be correct.
And the readings for the reaction time dont really matter.CIE just verifies it with correspondence to your examiner's performed experimental results and not our reasdings actually.and there is quite a bit of range also acceptable for the values also.
Thankyou but I wanted to know that I wrote chlorine gas for the last test in which blue litmus turned red. What do u think will I get marks?

Reaction score
The gas evolved was acidic, but I wrote chlorine as we had to heat and then test with litmus. Will I get my mark? Chlorine is an acidic gas right?

Reaction score
The gas evolved was acidic, but I wrote chlorine as we had to heat and then test with litmus. Will I get my mark? Chlorine is an acidic gas right?
Yes chlorine is acidid.i think you will get that mark,but im not sure.coz chlorine bleaches litmus paper and not changes the colour.but CIE does consider these relevances too.
dont worry.

Reaction score
Yes chlorine is acidid.i think you will get that mark,but im not sure.coz chlorine bleaches litmus paper and not changes the colour.but CIE does consider these relevances too.
dont worry.
Thanks and one more question please? Do you remember the observations before this test? The ones in which we were supposed to add H2O2 and then sulfuric acid. Was it a yellow solution and then a red solution?

Reaction score
guys help me please ......
if u have chemistry syllabus:cautious: covered solution......
please share