• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry practical 34 oct/nov important

Reaction score
S07 p31 colourless gas is released (effervescent observed ) by the addition of acid. So it can be CO2 or SO2 (its co2) ,how am i suppose to know which one it is without carrying out a test or using least time possible?

Reaction score
S07 p31 colourless gas is released (effervescent observed ) by the addition of acid. So it can be CO2 or SO2 (its co2) ,how am i suppose to know which one it is without carrying out a test or using least time possible?
Whenever you see effervescence or fizzing without the addition of heat then the gas produced is always CO2

Reaction score
How do you guys find this out? Don't they make and setup everything when theres no one around?

I just did the prac it was okay, long as usual so guys just work very fast... Could have gotten around 4 more marks if i never wasted time testing for gases that i was confused about.

Anyway good luck guys, don't forget to dua for me :p
Yaa, i lost 2 marks for same reason :(.

Reaction score
It was (x/56.2)*100%
I put “x“ there cuz I don‘t remember the number.. :p

haha, i did that question but i don't remember the exact question... usually if they just ask for %uncertainty its just the [(error)/(the volume read)] x 100... if its max %uncertainty its [(2 x error)/(volume read)] x 100

Reaction score
haha, i did that question but i don't remember the exact question... usually if they just ask for %uncertainty its just the [(error)/(the volume read)] x 100... if its max %uncertainty its [(2 x error)/(volume read)] x 100
Yeah, rizwaan that is right... :)

Reaction score
i have done it wrong. i have done 2/2 that is 1 then divided 1 by 56.2 then multiplied by 100.