• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Practical 34 GT

What do you expect the GT to be?

• <20

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 20-30

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • 30-35

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • 35+

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Titre was 25.6 (may be but it was in 25s), percentage in first 88%, mass loss was hardly any... I heated it for 1 hr exact ad high flame so high that event crucible went black but all I could get was loss of 0.05g so percentage in 2nd was around 6% for me..!! Ions were very easy Mg, Al and So4 or So3(although I wrote So4, forget to wrote so3) Al was discarded when they further said to mention a test(it was adding NaOH), in second part ions were Zn, I and Co3.

Paper was difficult both Q1 and Q2 were tough... MUCH DIFFICULT than variant 33..!! :/ :/ :/ Umeed ha acha ajaenga INSHALLAH!!
hahahahha dude luck was on your side that you didn't write sulfite ;)

Reaction score
What improvements did you suggest and which procedure did you favour in Q 2?

For Question2 my mass loss was 0.05 g !! I dont remember exactly.. Initially the mass was 2.01g .. So what i did was i subtracted this 2.01-0.05 to get the remaining mass which was like 1.96g.. And then i found the percentage by (1.96/2.01)*100 .. I guess i didn't read the question properly...

Improvements were: Question 2 was less accurate , to get more accurate results heat crucible for longer time period until you get a constant mass. Lid the crucible for greater degree of mass loss.. What were your answers????

I GUESS I MESSED UP WITH THIS ONE!!