• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Practical 26th Oct - How was it?

Reaction score
Okay so I'm confused here. How can the line pass through the origin if our volume of FA1 AND our corresponding rate value was greater than ZERO? :/

You have to extend it. You always extend the line to the y-intercept.

Reaction score
guys the thiosulphate needed an antioxidant in order to pass thru origin. since it did not have it, oxygen in the air could oxidise the thiosulfate so even when 0 cm3 of fa1 could result in a reaction, hence the graph did not have to pass thru origin

Reaction score
mine was a blast...
But i lost points for the concentration
Rest was a blast

Reaction score
who didn't finish? I know that everyone in my class didn't. And I heard that other schools didn't as well.
And how big was your graph???

Reaction score
Obviously I extended it yet it still did not pass through the origin!

I think it's OK if the graph is not spot on. There are always errors of the observer. So, if it's close, it's fine perhaps. It just shouldn't be ambiguous.

Reaction score
mark scheme says there should be a minimum of 3 points CLOSE to the line of best fit!

Reaction score
hey guys do u remember the question for the graph.........did it say "Volume of FA1 against rate" or the other way around...and btw what was ur x and y axis?

Reaction score
hey guys do u remember the question for the graph.........did it say "Volume of FA1 against rate" or the other way around...and btw what was ur x and y axis?
Yes it did. x-axis was supposed to be volume & y-axis rate :)