• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 63791
I really can't figure this out. How can the formula be like that? Isn't it going to be 2 Ca ? The answer is C btw. Helppp
It says salt formation so the ratio of acid to calcium would be 2:1 for example for Butanedioic acid seperate into two parts and react it with calicum and it will look like this :
CH2COO- + Ca2+ = (CH2COO)2 Ca
And do that for the rest and so its formula will become
C8H8O8Ca2
Divide by 2 and so the E.F becomes
C4H4O4Ca

Reaction score
pretty stupid question but we are given data booklet in chemistry paper 1 right? we are allowed to use it right

Reaction score
It says salt formation so the ratio of acid to calcium would be 2:1 for example for Butanedioic acid seperate into two parts and react it with calicum and it will look like this :
CH2COO- + Ca2+ = (CH2COO)2 Ca
And do that for the rest and so its formula will become
C8H8O8Ca2
Divide by 2 and so the E.F becomes
C4H4O4Ca
Thank youuuuu

Reaction score
why is it C and not B?
As the reactants react they produce auto catalyst with the products so the rate increases but later after some time the the rate will decrease due to low substrate concentration.

Reaction score
As the reactants react they produce auto catalyst with the products so the rate increases but later after some time the the rate will decrease due to low substrate concentration.
is shape of graph B for conc against time for auto-catalytic reaction?

Reaction score
Guys check the page @threesciencesforalevel on insta...
You'll be surprised at what you will find. Unfortunately, I just got to see it now :"(

Reaction score
Screenshot_20180603_225625.png

Plz someone guide me on how to balance such equations...will be really grateful

Reaction score
upload_2018-6-4_1-35-0.png

upload_2018-6-4_1-36-1.png

can anyone pls explain me how to solve these two questions

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-4_1-33-10.png
    upload_2018-6-4_1-33-10.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
The answer to this is C...although I know that there will be no dipole moment in CO2 but does that also mean that it will not have permanent dipole-dipole interactions?

CO2 does not have pd-pd interaction as it has no overall dipole moment

Reaction score
CO2 does not have pd-pd interaction as it has no overall dipole moment
But due to difference in electronegativities, it DOES have dipoles...so won't there b pd-pd forces due to the presence of dipoles, despite the fact that it has no dipole moment ?