• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
qwertypoiu that post#9221, the guy also answered q18 but he said HCl will not react KI, but I would say KCl and HI will form, won't they?
this is the question paper:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s12_qp_11.pdf
it's 18th one
Well it's basically just a solution of Cl- and I- ions, with K+ and H+ ions. No matter which combination you consider, no form of precipitation occurs, nor do any of the ions cause a color. So it will be transparent. When mixing ions just results in a solution of the ions without any change in oxidation states or precipitation, we say no reaction occurred. That's what Metanoia meant.

Reaction score
Reaction score
part 3 anyone?
Also in part 1 why is the process hydrogenation? Why can't it be reduction?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Guys, can somebody help me find the person who made these notes? I found them last year on xtremepapers and these have been immensely beneficial but these are for AS Level. I am looking for the A2 notes in this format. Maybe the author had created the A2 notes also.

For every chapter, there are syllabus points and then concise notes afterwards; very useful.
1.png 2.png

Attachments

• Chapter 1 Atomic Structure.pdf
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Guys, can somebody help me find the person who made these notes? I found them last year on xtremepapers and these have been immensely beneficial but these are for AS Level. I am looking for the A2 notes in this format. Maybe the author had created the A2 notes also.

For every chapter, there are syllabus points and then concise notes afterwards; very useful.
View attachment 60198 View attachment 60199

View attachment 60198 View attachment 60199
You mean you got these from here right?
A2 chapters have been added but not all.I hope that helps.