• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
mark scheme is more likely to hve errors than data booklet :)
:) I kind of agree. So long as you see that the application of concepts is correct, then theres no need to worry.

This was a question I was looking for, from W12_qp12
Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 8.12.49 PM.png

I think using bond energy of N2 as 994kJ/mol will give us the answer A, while using 944kJ/mol will not give us any of the above answer.
So students practicing past year papers might be a bit confused for this question.

Reaction score
soooo... how was ur practical !!
i got some type of paralysis attack in the 1st 15 minutes.
it was like my mind has gone blank because i did the practical after about 2-3 months gaps !! Imagine.
i hope the threshold is low this time.
lol :p u shldve practiced!
i was shocked too coz there was no titrations :(
well it was ok i guess. wbu?

Reaction score
33 The conversion of graphite into diamond is an endothermic reaction (∆H = +3 kJ mol–1).
C(graphite) → C(diamond)
Which statements are correct?
1 The enthalpy change of atomisation of diamond is smaller than that of graphite.
2 The bond energy of the C–C bonds in graphite is greater than that in diamond.
3 The enthalpy change of combustion of diamond is greater than that of graphite.

Ans : 1,2,3

Easiest to visualise statements 1 and 3 using the energy diagrams.
Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 9.56.59 AM.png

Statement 2 can be known to be true from background knowledge, or we can use the energy diagram on the left. Since it takes more energy to break the C(solid) of graphite into C(gas), we can infer that the C-C bonds of graphite is stronger.

Reaction score
I have no idea who you are but these notessssssss. Awwwwwwwsssssssommmmmeeeeeee. Can you please tell me where did you get these ? If you have these then pls email it to me [email protected]
or maybe be can trade notes.... what ya say :D
i also hve no idea frim where i got em :p
ill search for more whn im free :) im glad tht it helped u :)
good luck for ur exams ^_^