• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Can some one plz plz explain this question to me.... I would really be grateful :)

Attachments

• IMG-20140608-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20140608-WA0017.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
Reaction score
An easy, albeit time consuming way to figure these questions out is to simply draw the isomers. You know there's a double bond, so it must show geometric isomerism - cis and trans, that makes 2. But they aren't asking for just geometric isomers, they're asking for all the isomers. Another one would be but-1-ene. So that makes 3. I know this isn't the best way to work it out, but it's better than nothing. :)
thanks a lot :D

Reaction score
Could someone please help me with a few questions from this paper? http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/... AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_w10_qp_12.pdf
Qs 13, 19, 27, 29 and 34.

I'm sorry if these questions are being repeated. Thank you to anyone who can help me with these! :)
27 the above is COO bond so it is ester
once sulfuric acid added , the ester hydrolysis to acid and alkali
so the the answer will be a acid . then hydrogenation occur and all double bond gone.

29 NaCN is the catalyst for this reaction so D .

34 1 . sulfuric acid is strong acid so reaction will more vigorously than ch3cooh so temperature higher
2.yes because one more of sulfuric acid produce 2mol of H+ , so at first sulfuric acid will produce more than ch3cooh but at the end their amount of product will be the same.
3. their limiting reagent is acid and their number of the mole is same , so product will be the same too .

Reaction score