• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
the answer is C. it is very simple. The question says that the total mole is (2+x). expanding this would mean for P mole at equilibrium is (2-x) for R it is x which means mole for Q at equilibrium must be x ergo the answer is C.

No but the ans is B

Reaction score
No but the ans is B
I am terribly sorry. Here is the correct explanation. Hope this helps :)

equilibrium: x moles of R, therefore there must be 2x moles of Q (as the ratio of Q to R is still 2:1). P will be 2-2x moles (we subtract Q from P this time because P is the same as Q in equilibrium in this equation)
Add them up: x + 2x + 2 - 2x = x + 2 so B is the correct answer

Reaction score
Hi, please include the answers to make it easier for us to reply.

w03qp1

Q3. C6H12 + 9O2 --> 6CO2 + 6H2O
moles of H2O : moles of CO2
6:6

mass of H2O absorbed : mass of CO2 absorbed
6 x 18: 6 x 44
0.41:1

Q27. Butanol has the following structural isomers
View attachment 45007

2-Butanol has a chiral carbon, so it has two optical isomers. Total 5 isomers

Q27. Both are primary alcohols, both can be oxidised.
The first one is resistant to dehydration but not the second one.

Q40. Substance 2 is a ionic compound (high boiling point) , it would be found left in the distilling flask and not the distillate.

Can you please explain further more for the Q27? Can you also please draw (CH3)3CCH2OH? I thought it is a tertiary alcohol? And why is it resistant to dehydration but not the second one? Sorry! But Thank you so so much! Next time I will include answers in it :)

Reaction score
Metanoia , ZaqZainab , @ Every One :) , Could u Plz help me with this :D
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s05_qp_1.pdf

Q2..Answer B
Q13.Answer B>>>Why it is not Mg :confused: ??Mg is just beside Al , so i thought that it will have a similar Electronegativity as Mg.
Q15.Answer C>>>When H2SO4 acts as an acid and when it acts as an oxidizing agent?
Q31.Answer A>>>I know that this is simple, but i am always confused with this type,So is there any hint?? :)
Q32.Answer D
Q33.Answer B
Q40.Answer B

THNX in advance :D

Reaction score
Pentanol, C5H11OH, has four structural isomers that are primary alcohols.
How many of these primary alcohols contain a chiral carbon atom?
A0
B1
C2
D3

anyone ? thanks in advance

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s05_qp_1.pdf

Q2..Answer B
Q13.Answer B>>>Why it is not Mg :confused: ??Mg is just beside Al , so i thought that it will have a similar Electronegativity as Mg.
Q15.Answer C>>>When H2SO4 acts as an acid and when it acts as an oxidizing agent?
Q31.Answer A>>>I know that this is simple, but i am always confused with this type,So is there any hint?? :)
Q32.Answer D
Q33.Answer B
Q40.Answer B

Q2 find the moles of N2 when 1 mole of NaN3 is used
2:3 ratio so
3/2 of N2
and then Na is also made which makes further reaction take place
mole ratio for NaN3 and Na is
2:2
so 1 mole of NaN3 gives 1 mole of Na
this 1 mole Na reacts with KNO3 to give more N2
mole ration of Na and N2 in the second equation
10:1
so 1 mole of Na will give 1/10N2 so
1/10 + 3/2

Q3Electronegativity_Trend_IK.png
look at the options (THE NUMBERS I USE ARE NOT ACTUAL THEY ARE JUST TO MAKE AN UNDERSTANDING)
A)Barium has very less electroneagtivity FROM Al it move 3 steps to decreasing (by moving down) and 2 more steps to decreasing by moving tot the left so diffrence 2+2=4 less
B) Magnesium moves just 1 step to the left ie 1 less
C)Beryllium moves 1 more (up) and 1 step back (by moving to the right) 1-1=0
D)....Use this way 1 back and 2 down 1+2=3 less

Reaction score
Pentanol, C5H11OH, has four structural isomers that are primary alcohols.
How many of these primary alcohols contain a chiral carbon atom?
A0
B1
C2
D3

anyone ? thanks in advance
B
CH3(CH2)4OH
CH2(CH3)(CH2)3OH
CH(CH3)2(CH2)2OH
C(CH3)3CH2OH

Reaction score

Q2..Answer B
Q32.Answer D
Q33.Answer B
Q40.Answer B

Q31 : is it PH3 is trigonal planar ? i though it should be trigonal pyramidal ???