• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q11. The Cr is +6 before and after reaction.

Q12. Quite true, its was puzzling to me, the peak if shifted so far right would be really really low. So I prefer the other option. Its debatable.

Q18. That option is under transition metals, I believe is not required in your syllabus.
In 12 can't C be a option as well?

And in 18 if it is not in our syllabus how can we answer that question without knowing the structure?

And going back to question 9, after calculating bond energies the bond energy required to break D is actually smaller so how to answer that question.

And in question 20 why can't B be correct.

And in question 30 can you please draw me the structure as I don't understand the compound. :)

Reaction score
In 12 can't C be a option as well?

And in 18 if it is not in our syllabus how can we answer that question without knowing the structure?

And going back to question 9, after calculating bond energies the bond energy required to break D is actually smaller so how to answer that question.

And in question 20 why can't B be correct.

And in question 30 can you please draw me the structure as I don't understand the compound. :)

Q12. Unfortunately, I feel its a poorly set question, as the scale is hard to compare. I feel peak of C is too high.

Q9. What I suggest is just a guide line, don't forget we need to factor in energy given out when H-O-H bonds are formed on the other side.

Q18. It is a paper that is set some years again, so its might be relevant then, but not this year.

Q30. Look for the ester bond on the right. Cut the C-O, and reform the CH3CH2OCH3 on the right, into an alcohol.

Reaction score
Q12. Unfortunately, I feel its a poorly set question, as the scale is hard to compare. I feel peak of C is too high.

Q9. What I suggest is just a guide line, don't forget we need to factor in energy given out when H-O-H bonds are formed on the other side.

Q18. It is a paper that is set some years again, so its might be relevant then, but not this year.

Q30. Look for the ester bond on the right. Cut the C-O, and reform the CH3CH2OCH3 on the right, into an alcohol.
Metanoia sorry but I needed the structure of A in 30.

And in 9 in all the reactions H2O are formed, right?

Reaction score
In 5 the rate should increase as the products which catalyse the reaction increase thereby elimination the answer D and also after some time as the reactants deacrease the reaction rate drops down as there are not enough reactants thereby answer being C.

In 22 the answer is C as K2Cr2O7 is not strong enough to oxidise the double bond but is strong enough to completely oxidise the alcohol to a carboxylic acid as it is hot and concentrated.

In 29 all of them will react and form the required salt as some are esters and some are carboxylic acids.

For question 25 do you know how to upload a paint file to show you how to work it.