• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Wow. I could not believe you guys found paper 42 too easy. Section B was very easy but Section A was not easy AT ALL especially the organic chemistry one. I hope gt will be lower. Maybe 55 for A

Reaction score
paper 42 was too easy though there were very small points which missed can be greatlly penalised and that makes this a dangerous paper in a way

Reaction score
Has to be the easiest P4 in ages. Easy P4, easy P2. The GT for this year will be sky high. Be prepared for shocking grades, ladies and gentlemen.
Dun say that :( p2 moles questions were harder than usual although rest was easy so it will balance out like usual GT

Reaction score
Grade for A would be 63-68 like previous years. Chocalate girl is right. Mole calculation was hard so I did not get the right pH and drew on the diagram

Reaction score
All those saying the paper was shit easy
Agreed
BUT
it was trickier than most people here think it was
I can bet my life most people got the Electrode Potential Wrong
Seemed simple I know
Wasnt exactly what it seemed.
I could go on and on about the various small stuff in the paper which people are presuming to be easy and werent exactly straightforward but paper discussion is not allowed
Secondly
Grade Thresholds dont vary much. Difficult papers have grade thresholds around 62 for paper 4. Medium Difficulty is 65. All those saying grade threshold will be 76-77 for this paper have got to be shitting me
It was easy, agreed but its not like everyone around the world is just a fcking brilliant super genius all of a sudden this year. If grade thresholds were that variable, then they should fall to around 52 during difficult papers which they do not.
The person who said grade threshold for A* will be somewhere around 230?
lol
Generally the grade threshold for an A* is say around 200. Easy papers? Goes up to at max, at max 210. Thats it.
230/260 is unrealistic.

Reaction score
All those saying the paper was shit easy
Agreed
BUT
Seemed simple I know
I could go on and on about the various small stuff in the paper which people are presuming to be easy and werent exactly straightforward but paper discussion is not allowed
Secondly
Grade Thresholds dont vary much. Difficult papers have grade thresholds around 62 for paper 4. Medium Difficulty is 65. All those saying grade threshold will be 76-77 for this paper have got to be shitting me
It was easy, agreed but its not like everyone around the world is just a fcking brilliant super genius all of a sudden this year. If grade thresholds were that variable, then they should fall to around 52 during difficult papers which they do not.
The person who said grade threshold for A* will be somewhere around 230?
lol
Generally the grade threshold for an A* is say around 200. Easy papers? Goes up to at max, at max 210. Thats it.
230/260 is unrealistic.
You're right !!!

Reaction score
Seemed simple I know
I could go on and on about the various small stuff in the paper which people are presuming to be easy and werent exactly straightforward but paper discussion is not allowed.

I couldn't have said it any better. The paper had a looooot of places people could skim thru and mess up. Got me too in one of the questions, had to fix it while rechecking. People have made a lot more tiny 1-2 mark mistakes than they think so this should help neutralize the GT. That said, the GT will most definitely be higher than the mean +Sd I calculated and posted here some time ago. And I've seen GTs touch 70 so it's very much possible. I believe ON13 had a variant with 68 or 69 itself.

We are done with paper 41
We can start discussion

Regardless, there's a third variant too. 24 hours. Is that too much to ask :p