• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm re-posting this.. anyone??

this is a primary halogenoalkane which always have a SN2 mechanism while undergoing reaction as for the drawing its pretty clear lone pairs shown on the nuclophile attacking the carbon with partial positive and negative on cl the intermediate shown with 5 gropus attached and then cl bond breaking and use curly arrows to show the bonds breaking!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I always have problems in calculating the enthalpy change of reaction, combustion and formation ... I mean I mix up... I don't get which value to subtract and which to add... is there any easy way to learn it? I read the book and its quite confusing like for formation we have to consider the elemnts and the products. .. plz help me if u have any easier method of learning this. .

Reaction score
Hey guys, I always have problems in calculating the enthalpy change of reaction, combustion and formation ... I mean I mix up... I don't get which value to subtract and which to add... is there any easy way to learn it? I read the book and its quite confusing like for formation we have to consider the elemnts and the products. .. plz help me if u have any easier method of learning this. .

Reaction score

hey me to have problem in the same thin its so confusin well I N33D URGENT HELP HERE!!!!!!
how to calculate the enthalpy change of reaction for the following
equation: 2NaHCO3 -----> Na2CO3 + CO2 + H2O
a) delta standard enthalpy change of formation [NaHCO3] = -950.8 KJ/mol
b) " " " " " " " " [Na2CO3] = -1130.7 KJ/mol
c) " " " " " " [CO2] = -393.5 KJ/mol
d) " " " " " " [H2O] = -285.8 KJ/mol

how to do it need complete explanation hope any 1 of ya can help me......... :(