• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
guys which variable is on the y axis and which one is on the x-axis? i alway get confuseddd by this arghh!!

Reaction score
guys which variable is on the y axis and which one is on the x-axis? i alway get confuseddd by this arghh!!
the variable you'll control, i.e, the independent variable is on the x axis and the variable that's dependent on the factor you're controlling is on the y-axis.

Reaction score
hey guys have some questions related to ppr 5
j12 51 2c) in points 3 and 8 what does it mean when it says gas is not equilibrated with the decreased temperature??
n07 1e) Its saying that the moles of Moh should be between 0.05 and 0.25 moles. How were these ranges decided?
Please reply quickly

Reaction score
JazkAllah :D and I pray and hope the same for you :D
well .......that's not too bad :) you are lucky you don't take physics :)
okaiy if you are done with chem paper 5 now just leave it till the day before the exam
and start studying for chemistry paper 4 :)
read the text book thoroughly and for the application part i would recommend that you study from the site chem guide :)
now bio i don't know :S as i don't take it :/
i am sorry i can't help .....
but what i can tell you is that first you finish chemistry COMPLETELY forget past papers now
study the book and the syllabus first .............finish the whole portion in like 3 days
and then start bio and keep revising chem
and as for math its toooooo far away now sooooooooo don't worry :D
just do one past paper every alternate days to keep in touch :D
ooh and if you ever have any doubt in chem you are always free to ask me :D
InshaAllah i will try my best to help you :D
salam
im giving chm,phy and bio....and all the paper 4s are on 20,22 and 24th may respectively,i was hoping you could give me some guide lines too :(

Reaction score
hey guys have some questions related to ppr 5
j12 51 2c) in points 3 and 8 what does it mean when it says gas is not equilibrated with the decreased temperature??
n07 1e) Its saying that the moles of Moh should be between 0.05 and 0.25 moles. How were these ranges decided?
Please reply quickly
Gas is not equilibriated means that the temp was too l ow for the the gas molecules to move (or to diffuse).Although there's slight movement, its extremely slow cuz they dnt have enough KE.
The mass of MOH in every question sort of has the same range. it shoudnt exceed more then 5 grams or something.. so maybe the the no of moles stated in the mark scheme are in accordance with the standard mass that you must be using. calculate the mass using these values and check.
If i'm wrong, please do inform me...otherwise, i hope i helped:)

Reaction score
salam
im giving chm,phy and bio....and all the paper 4s are on 20,22 and 24th may respectively,i was hoping you could give me some guide lines too :(
wasalam :)
WOW that's a toughie !!
well i would advise you study physics first for three to four days as its a complete different syllabus from both and chem and bio
after that you start with chemistry and you don't have to worry about the bio chemistry syllabus in chemistry as you are going to be studying that with biology :)
after you are done with chem and phy portions start bio and do chem and phy past papers along with it
and you are lucky you take bio with chem bio helps chem students alot half of your chem portions (the application part you have done in bio :) )
knowitall10 incase more help :)

Reaction score
WOW that's a toughie !!
well i would advise you study physics first for three to four days as its a complete different syllabus from both and chem and bio
after that you start with chemistry and you don't have to worry about the bio chemistry syllabus in chemistry as you are going to be studying that with biology :)
after you are done with chem and phy portions start bio and do chem and phy past papers along with it
and you are lucky you take bio with chem bio helps chem students alot half of your chem portions (the application part you have done in bio :) )
I don't take Physics.. but your situation is so tough... all i can do is pray for myself and all the brothers and sisters on this forum.. May Allah Make our chosen paths easier for us...

Reaction score
WOW that's a toughie !!
Jazak Allah for the good advice :)
yeah bio is easier compared to phy and chm and it does help with chm,thanks alot :D :)

Reaction score
I didnt get that part either... and i posted the question here.. but i forgot the answer someone gave:p

Reaction score
guys is some places it said in the marks for graph plotting that (allow tolerance of 1/2 small square) What does this mean?

Reaction score
like if on the x axis the point we have to plot is 7 and in each small square is equal to 2 digits, so the point should come in between the 3rd and 4th point. So the examiners wont mark it wrong if we place the point on 3rd square or on the 4th square?? or do we plot the point in between the 3rd and 4th point and they will just not mark it wrong??? thnx for all the help guys :))