• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q) in a reaction if we use HCN or KCN does it matter?

I think it won't matter. But HCN is what we should use as the reagent .. with some KCN in the start to start the reaction.. KCN acts as a catalyst cuz at the end we get the KCN back..

Reaction score
Reaction score
well hees is what to do you can see the graph judge what point is the graph showing peak with Cl35 and cl37 we can see that Cl35 is around 32 and Cl37 around 11 so we can use the formulae ( (32\43 *35) + (11/43 *37) )/100 = 35.475 which is 35.5
one step ahead yo

Reaction score
CH3CH2COCl + H2NCH2CH2CH3 = CH3CH2CONHCH2CH2CH3 + HCL , why is the reaction mechanism nucleophilic substitution in this case. Please explain
iwant to know that too,some thing connected to my question
A nucleophilic substitution reaction is when a nucleophile replaces the leaving group.. right?
In this case, the leaving group is the halogen, Cl, and it is replaced by Nitrogen (And the rest of the compound). Nitrogen is a nucleophile because it consists of a lone pair of electrons. Hence, nucleophilic substitution reaction!

Reaction score
A nucleophilic substitution reaction is when a nucleophile replaces the leaving group.. right?
In this case, the leaving group is the halogen, Cl, and it is replaced by Nitrogen (And the rest of the compound). Nitrogen is a nucleophile because it consists of a lone pair of electrons. Hence, nucleophilic substitution reaction!
thanks
but can you tall me if diazotisation is nucleophilic substitution :)

Reaction score
thanks bro :)

Reaction score
well hees is what to do you can see the graph judge what point is the graph showing peak with Cl35 and cl37 we can see that Cl35 is around 32 and Cl37 around 11 so we can use the formulae ( (32\43 *35) + (11/43 *37) )/100 = 35.475 which is 35.5
relative height of 37Cl to 35Cl is 3:1 or 75% and 25%
so RAM=((75x37)+(25x35))/100=35.5

once again dont thank me just get some one to anwser my question on diazotisation please
Thank you for your help.. could you please explain what the marking scheme has done?
megamind I've no idea about this but I'll do my best to find you an answer :)