• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
It shud be either C or D cuz only Temperature has an effect on equilibrium constant. I guess its C cuz if you lower temperature , rate of forward reaction increases since its exothermic and KC also increases. Cuz KC = [H2O][CH3COOC2H5]/ [C2H5OH][CH3COOH]
So since forward reaction is more, [H2O][CH3COOC2H5] will have higher value and [C2H5OH][CH3COOH] lower value.

thxx

Reaction score
The esterification reaction
Ammonia is manufactured on a large scale by the Haber process.
In a particular plant, conditions of 400 °C and 250 atm in the presence of an iron catalyst are
used.
N2(g) + 3H2(g) 2NH3(g) ∆Ho = –92kJmol–1
What could contribute most to increasing the equilibrium yield of ammonia?
A adding more catalyst
B increasing the pressure to 400atm
C increasing the temperature to 1000°C
D using air rather than nitrogen
some one pls explain these question to me!

Answer is B . Adding catalyst just increases rate of reaction by lower activation energy. C cant be cuz reaction is exothermic so it favors low temperature otherwise equilibrium will be shifted to the left . D is impossible.
So its B , in haber process the pressure required is 400*C .

Reaction score
Hydrolyze the ester to get CH3OH and CH3CH2CH2CO2H (so 3 is obviously wrong). Product #2 will be formed, but it doesn't distill off so you only have the alcohol in the distillate. It's also worth noting that if there was another option - CH3CHH2CH2CO2H in the question, that wouldn't be found in the distillate either because all of it would have been converted into the salt.

The answer is D.
thank you :)

Reaction score
i think C is right and that is bcoz......to find this there is a way..... the formula is 2^(no of double bonds)....in thsi question...
double bonds=3
so 2^3=8 and so =3
C is the ans .... im guessing
WOW cool! C is right! Tnx a lot! I didnt knew it was so easy!!

Reaction score
Hey how do we solve this??​
untitled-png.8607
Ans is D​
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

first one...has no hydrogen bonding...cuz that exists in NH3 or HF or -OH so not A

dimeric..i dunno...let's check the other options :D

N to Al is a dative bond and Al to H is 3 covalent bonds...so total of 6 + 2 = 8 electrons therefor not C

yes...cuz there are no lone pairs, and 4 atoms attached...so tetrahedral structure...

P.S. Note that when a dative bond is formed...the lone pair that takes part will be considered as a bond pair..not really related to this...but I guess it's an imp point... :D

Reaction score
its far too easy than the one you have answered...:p num of atoms = moles * Avogadro constant...
1g of Hydrogen has 1 mole... same as neon... 20/20.... moles= m/Mr
:D
lol...
but the thing is i cant figure out how 1 g of hydrogen is 1 mole...
1 mole of hydrogen is 2 g, right? :s

Reaction score
:D
lol...
but the thing is i cant figure out how 1 g of hydrogen is 1 mole...
1 mole of hydrogen is 2 g, right? :s

you right mate... H2 has two hydrogen atoms... number of atoms will be 2*moles... for hydrogen 2*.5... for neon 1*1... for CO2 it will be 3*.5..(as carbon has 3 atoms , 2 of oxygen 1 carbon)