• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
upload_2015-6-7_14-18-18-png.54744

I know why only 2 and 3 are correct but i want to know where will the Ca join on?
Like Na joins the COO- , where will Ca join since it requires -2 charge to join??
I think it doesnt join it forms an ionic bond like electron transfer and thats all.

Reaction score
why is C wrong?? help plss
I do get 3 alkenes with it :s

Attachments

• IMG_7395.jpg
    IMG_7395.jpg
    629.7 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Help please........ qwertypoiu can you please explain me this question, like why cant the Answer be C? is there anything else behind the unbalanced part ... as i have even asked this question before but didnt get a good response ..

Which of these equations represents the reaction of sulphur dioxide with an excess of aqueous

sodium hydroxide?

A SO2 + NaOH ----> NaHSO3

B SO2 + 2NaOH -------> Na2SO3 + H2O

C SO2 + 2NaOH ------> Na2SO4 + H2O

D SO2 + 2NaOH -----> Na2SO4 + H2

Reaction score
Help please........ qwertypoiu can you please explain me this question, like why cant the Answer be C? is there anything else behind the unbalanced part ... as i have even asked this question before but didnt get a good response ..

Which of these equations represents the reaction of sulphur dioxide with an excess of aqueous

sodium hydroxide?

A SO2 + NaOH ----> NaHSO3

B SO2 + 2NaOH -------> Na2SO3 + H2O

C SO2 + 2NaOH ------> Na2SO4 + H2O

D SO2 + 2NaOH -----> Na2SO4 + H2

no shaz
SO3 + NaOH -----> Na2SO4 not when SO2 rects wid NaOH
check notes buddy :p