• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
because
  • 2NaBr(s) + 2H2SO4(l) ==> NaHSO4(s) + Br2(g) + SO2(g) + 2H2O(l)
    acid is a proton (hydrogen) donor and NaBr went to NaHSO4, gaining a hydrogen.
  • oxidation also occured as The oxidation state of bromine changes from –1 in Br–, to 0 in Br2 (oxidation, increase in oxidation state)

Reaction score
1 mol of (NH4)2CO3 has 2 moles of nitrogen atoms so O.65 moles will have 1.3 moles of nitrogen ATOMS
and O.65* (14*2+ 8+12+16*3) = 62.4 g of this compound give us 1.3 moles of nitrogen atoms...

This is what I think.. Lets c what others say :)

Oh.. I see... Is it also means that 1 mole of (NH4)2CO3 has 3 mole of oxygen atoms/ 1 mole of carbon/ 8 mole of carbon atoms?

Reaction score
Effective collision refers to collisions with sufficient energy to react. Since temperature did not change, there is no change to proportion of such collisions.
hey, sorry to disturb you but can you help me with this?
thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 13.PNG
    13.PNG
    39.5 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
hey, sorry to disturb you but can you help me with this?
thanks in advance.
The precipitate is Ca(OH)2. It's only very partially soluble so will form a white solid. After filtration only Ba(OH)2 remains in high concentration. The barium hydroxide reacts with CO2 to form a white ppt, BaCO3