• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q14- Use the Ar of each elements. Then calculate the mole ratio. For example- Mg(NO3)2 is 5g and 3.29 is lost meaning MgO is 1.71g. moles of Mg(NO3)2= 5/148=0.034 moles. then moles of MgO= 1.71/40=0.043moles. mole ratio should be 1:1 so its not magnesium. try it with calcium and u get it :)
Q25- Just substitute n with any integer and youll get the answer. For example take n=1. then u get C3H6 + 4.5O2--> 3CO2 + 3 H2O so it gets balanced :)
Q37- Its not 2 because 2 will form only one ketone and the other will be an acid. D is the only option with no 2 so chose D :D Also 3 is not possible as both the componds are isomers :)

thank you soo much

Reaction score
Answer is B because more energy is needed when the electron is removed from next orbital. In all options there are 2 p electrons. But in B theres only 1 so the next electron is removed from next orbital so more energy is needed :)

my godness ... i considered water as a gas :p
Thanks bro .. ;)
what about the last one

Reaction score
Here's a question which i tried but remained unable to solve. So i would really be grateful if anyone attempts to give it a try...
Ques: Two moles of compound P were placed in a vessel. The vessel was heated and compound P
was partly decomposed to produce Q and R. A dynamic equilibrium between chemicals P, Q and
R was established.
At equilibrium x moles of R were present and the total number of moles present was (2 +2/x ).
What is the equation for this equilibrium reaction? [Key: --> is the equilibrium sign]
A P --> 2Q + R
B 2P --> 2Q + R
C 2P --> Q + R
D 2P --> Q + 2R

Reaction score
Reaction score
Here's a question which i tried but remained unable to solve. So i would really be grateful if anyone attempts to give it a try...
Ques: Two moles of compound P were placed in a vessel. The vessel was heated and compound P
was partly decomposed to produce Q and R. A dynamic equilibrium between chemicals P, Q and
R was established.
At equilibrium x moles of R were present and the total number of moles present was (2 +2/x ).
What is the equation for this equilibrium reaction? [Key: --> is the equilibrium sign]
A P --> 2Q + R
B 2P --> 2Q + R
C 2P --> Q + R
D 2P --> Q + 2R
ugh this was my exam! i wasnt able to get it that time :/ is it C anyway?

Reaction score
nope, the answer is D.
Any idea how to solve it?
okay the only way i get D is by substituting X with the no. of moles of R from the equations. Then find total moles. The equation which has same no. of moles is the right 1 and i got D that way :p

Reaction score
283+44-286=+41! and im not a bro im a sis!! guess i should change my pic XD

umm sorry for saying sis :p maybe changing your avatar will be good
rarely i get correct answer is hess law :( is there any tip which i can keep in mind while doing this questions

Reaction score
umm sorry for saying sis :p maybe changing your avatar will be good
rarely i get correct answer is hess law :( is there any tip which i can keep in mind while doing this questions
well main thing is the signs. If the reactants turn to products or vice versa always change the sign! and take your time and write down all steps so you dont confuse urself :) good luck!

Reaction score
Only 1! 2 will produce only one organic compound with a ketone. The other options all have 2 anyway except D which says only 1 so just do that :p else it isnt even 3 because it will also produce only one ketone compound. only one will produce 2 compound and both are ketones :)

Reaction score
Only 1! 2 will produce only one organic compound with a ketone. The other options all have 2 anyway except D which says only 1 so just do that :p else it isnt even 3 because it will also produce only one ketone compound. only one will produce 2 compound and both are ketones :)

yah thats what the questions says :p
how did u now 1 will give 2 ketone ?? on which basis did u rely ...
what i now ..if there are 2 alkyl gp .. the ketone will be produced by the oxidation of alkenes..here its cyclic and difficult to now it ?