• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can u explain..i thought that excees of zinc will react so found tht one
excess if zinc is added to make sure that all the traces of zinc iodide is removed from the test tube :)
so basically you're just finding the amount of zinc that reacted with the iodine :)

Reaction score
Can someone tell me What is the drama of 4s shell being filled before 3d? And to what elements? I've read about it but it's so confusing.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Can someone tell me What is the drama of 4s shell being filled before 3d? And to what elements? I've read about it but it's so confusing.
the 4s has a lower energy level than the 3d therefore it is filled first and all elements get their 4sfilled first except for chromium and copper.

Reaction score
Basically, they'll allow it anywhere because I don't think it's incur syllabus to know why it'd be on the 4th carbon.
I, however came Accross it in my Internet search studies lol:
-with phenol, PARA (on the 4th carbon) substitution always occurs.
-IF para is blocked by another compound, the ORTHO occurs, which is C#2 :)
oh okay thanx a lot!

Reaction score
Insha Allah andnthat too with great marks :) Ameen ! So which group do i need to stress upon ? And could you help me with paper 5 chemistry and physics best tips ? Like best ones?
I can help you with Chemistry, but i don't take Physics. If you want, i can help you with biology too.

Reaction score
Use c1v1= c2v2 for each column
so first Row workout With 0.1 NaOH is (0.1x24.3)/10
Note: we didn't conver cm3 to dm3 as both volumes are in cm3 else we would have to divide each volume by 1000

Btw, i just contacted my teacher regarding the use of C1V1=C2V2 in this question. He said that you cant use it here; even if it has to give the right answer. that formula is only used for dilution. yes you can use C1V1/n1=C2V2/n2 where n= no of moles.
I just thought it was important for all of us to know this...

Reaction score
C1V1 = C2V2 is only used when the number of moles before and after (1 -> 2) is equal, but concentration and volume change.

Reaction score
Can somebody please explain what's the "inert pair effect"? I dunno if it's in our course, but what i do know is that it was in the course last year or the year before that, so my teacher asked us to read it from the older version of our Chem book.
Jazakum Allahu Khair
:)

Reaction score
Assalamu alykum fellow people Brothers and Sisters!
Can you please tell me what's the inert pair effect?
Jazakum Allahu Khair...

Reaction score
Btw, i just contacted my teacher regarding the use of C1V1=C2V2 in this question. He said that you cant use it here; even if it has to give the right answer. that formula is only used for dilution. yes you can use C1V1/n1=C2V2/n2 where n= no of moles.
well i don't knw it is only used for dilution i used the concept of titration here and a little of partition cofficient btw thanks

Reaction score

Aw that's strange. Well it worked there. :(