• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry paper3 (AFTER EXAM DISCUSSION)

Reaction score
ALRIGHT
i think we r allowed to discuss the exam right now
So.. here is my probs

why is it SiO2 and not SiO4?

do we hav to make different monomers of nylon?

from where does the seaweed get chlorine?

Reaction score
SiO2 because each Oxugen is bonded to 2 Silicon atoms.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say? There are 2 different types of monomers to make nylon, so there are 2 different types of rectangles.

Seaweed get chlorine from salt (NaCl) in the water :)

Reaction score
well look at wat i did =(

si04 will not be a compound as its overall charge is not zero

i made identical rectangles

i said they get chlorine from the dead seaweed

Reaction score
guys, which element did you put for a "black solid forming purple vapour" question?

Reaction score
i made it IODINE .........
and the first one i did it SULPHUR
i made the ratio Fe Ti O
1:1:3
is this RiGHT GUYSSSSSSS .........??? :D :)
The exam was good not easy not hard
i wanna the answer of how do u get H2 and carbon .... ???????

Reaction score
I did all like you Romeo, but for black solid for some reason i've put astatine=))

Reaction score
Romeo 10 everything you said is right according to me. Although i didn't write iodine in my paper :(

The third one which is an oxide of the type MO and neutralises soils is calcium. The 5th one is helium (used to fill baloons). I can't remember the 4th one.

Reaction score
exampasser said:
Romeo 10 everything you said is right according to me. Although i didn't write iodine in my paper :(

The third one which is an oxide of the type MO and neutralises soils is calcium. The 5th one is helium (used to fill baloons). I can't remember the 4th one.
yes i made calcium and helium .... WHAT DID U DO About the hydrolsis of fats producing ( i dont rememeber the question exactly )
TYPE of compound:.....
Main USE : ......

Reaction score
Romeo10 said:
exampasser said:

yes i made calcium and helium .... WHAT DID U DO About the hydrolsis of fats producing ( i dont rememeber the question exactly )
TYPE of compound:.....
Main USE : ......

i wrote salt as a compound
and its use is to make soap.....wat did you write??

Reaction score
i wrote salt too, fourth question was about the metal which soluble salts almost all have blue colour.. and the answer was copper.

Reaction score
Ah yes... that was copper.

I wrote : TYPE of compound: Sodium Salt
Main USE : Making soaps

Reaction score
guys but isn't astatine a black solid and forms a purple vapour as well as iodine ?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
exampasser said:
Ah yes... that was copper.

I wrote : TYPE of compound: Sodium Salt
Main USE : Making soaps
i dont know why i wrote Ester as compound,that is just asilly mistake! :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
wolf said:
guys but isn't astatine a black solid and forms a purple vapour as well as iodine ?
We have studied abt iodine ,abt astatine - it is black but for the vapour part,i dont think so!!

Reaction score
My teacher didn't even tell us about iodine or astatine forming a purple vapour! So i was just guessing for that question :p

Reaction score
no iodine is the only answers because it sublimes ( turns from solid to gas or vice versa ) so it said black SOLID when heated turned purple VAPOUR..we actually saw it in the lab at school and i'm 100% sure.

Reaction score
no offense AWH but i really get angry when ppl yell at me sayin tht the exam was a piece of cake

u know ppl when u really love a subject,then u get confused in the exam tht u mess up
while u could have just relaxed and u would have found the answers
its so annoying to lose marks in the subject u like urself