• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper1 [discussion here] after exam

Reaction score
kazamodia said:
A-Liquid methane from distillation of petroleum
B-From decaying of vegetation
C-Animals like cows
D-Dun remember :p

answer is A because methane is agas not a liquid

Reaction score
what about the question that asked about no. of protons and other thing what was it(neutron no.or nucleon no.)
and that about alloys what did u say about it ?
thanks

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i dont remember the question abt protons but alloys was A tick for all,brass,copper andzinc czn all be used as alloys!!!
sorry not brass its iron(thnx nissau)

Reaction score
sorry u mean iron zinc copper all used ?!!
and that about proton was 4 and 5 neutrons right (the question that said 9 particles in the nucleus) and the question abt bonds 2 or 4 i donot remember exactly but i will really appreciate an answer.
thanks

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Yes Sorry,its iron not brass Post editted.I still can't remember the proton question.Which varient r u talking abt?and that bond question i dont remember exactly but may be it was 2 do u remember the options,i am sure its not 4

Reaction score
i was 11 paper what was yours ?
thanks for the rapid answer , and i donot want to annoy u any more
thanks in advance

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
same was mine ,if u remember a bit more of the question abt that proton,pls tell may be i can remember

Reaction score
the drawing of 4 electrons and he was asking abt the no. of protons and other thing

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
well I am sorry i still dont remember the question but since there were 4 electron as u said then surely it will have 4 protons and so 5 neutrons if nucleon no. is 9

Reaction score
guys there was a question that said gain an electron or a proton and become right in the periodic table so wat was it a proton or an electron
and way was the answer for the six outer shell electrons so how it will make a bond .....by 1. losing 6 electrons and becomin negative ion 2. gaining 2 electrons and becomin positive ion 3. sharing 2 electrons and forming 2 covalent bonds 4. sharing 2 electrons and forming 4 covalent bonds

Reaction score
1234 is not possible !
If you read the question it say EXCESS was added, thus before saturation you have to filter it
Thus it has to start with 2
I ticked 2123 :p

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
same here,1st 2 options were for sure wrong i had a doubt whether it is 2 1 2 3 or 2 1 2 4 ,but i think 2 1 2 3 is correct coz washing is done only for insoluble or it will dissolve the crystals!For heating reason may be to heat it very gently and carefully so as to to dry them keeping them hydrated
!!:p

Reaction score
khalid hashim said:
what about the question which said which of the following does not produce methane?
some ppl from my school put A and some put B which one is right?

The answer was A, because they mentioned "Liquid mehtane"
In a Fractional distillation of crude oil, methane cannot be a liquid. Mehtane is a gas in room temperature, so obviously it will be a gas in the refinery.
Methane is however produced from vegetation decay and animals.

Reaction score
Zeinow said:
The question about which thing is NOT exothermic??
B. lime from limestone
C. decaying of uranium

Decomposition reactions are always endothermic.
Uranium produces energy and thus used as a fuel.

Therefore, it is B.

Reaction score
guys nobody can remember the question that asked about no.of protons ?!!!!
oh ,plz tell me what u answered abt question of elemntX that gained a particle
and about the hydrated salt i choose 1234 coz i thik he didinot mentioned the excess in the question and hydrated doesnot mean aqueous so we can heat the crystals after washing them.

Ivo

Reaction score
niassu said:
guys nobody can remember the question that asked about no.of protons ?!!!!
oh ,plz tell me what u answered abt question of elemntX that gained a particle
and about the hydrated salt i choose 1234 coz i thik he didinot mentioned the excess in the question and hydrated doesnot mean aqueous so we can heat the crystals after washing them.

For your first question, it would be element X would gain a proton and would move one group along the same period.

For your second question, it is obvious in the question that hydrated crystals needed to be obtained, so heating it would not work as it would turn anhydrous.