• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper1 [discussion here] after exam

Reaction score
lets discuss the paper and comment on it

basically theexam was fin except for crystals thingie

if any1 remembers the choices given plz post it..

Reaction score
the crystals question is NO heat the crystals.I dont remember the sequence

Reaction score
2124 was the answer

2 Filter
1 Concentrate
2 Filter
4 Wash

Paper was a piece of cake!
40/40 SURE!

Reaction score
@Guess who: 2,1,2,4 That's 100 % correct and I agree with you about the difficulty though there wasnt any :p.
Some tricky questions though that need thinking is the last question (Hydrocarbons) and the cutlery,cooking pans,hospital instruments question(Stainless steel). Luckily I got both right as well as the rest of the exam ^^. I wish everyone the best of the luck in p3

Reaction score
for gods sake people!!!

how could u wash the bloody crystals
i really get pissed off when some1 say so

i think u should heat crystals gently, its more logical than turning it into a blue solution again

Reaction score
Btw people, what was the answer for the question that asked..what does solid X contain? they say it produces a green precipitate and an alkaline gas.
some people in my school said the answer was NH4+ and Fe+2 but how is it possible for a solid to have TWO POSITIVE ions??
i personally answered Fe+2 and OH-

Thanking you in advance

Reaction score
I don't do chemistry, but I have a physics paper1 exam tomorrow. Should I answer the questions first in the paper then copy the answers, or should I copy each answer alone after choosing it? Any suggestions, just to save time, and concentrate as well.

Reaction score
Guess Who said:
2124 was the answer

2 Filter
1 Concentrate
2 Filter
4 Wash

40/40 SURE!

1.concentrate
2.filter
3.wash
4.heat

Reaction score
Dean713 said:
Guess Who said:
2124 was the answer

2 Filter
1 Concentrate
2 Filter
4 Wash

40/40 SURE!

1.concentrate
2.filter
3.wash
4.heat
yes i made 1 2 3 4 like DEAN .....GUESS WHO how u crystallize the crystals????? ( by heating )

Reaction score
thats 100% sure 1234
and for the cutlery,cooking pans,hospital instruments question the answer is galvanizing
cuz stainless steal is alloy not a method of prevention of rusting

Reaction score
Abdullatif Dablouk said:
Btw people, what was the answer for the question that asked..what does solid X contain? they say it produces a green precipitate and an alkaline gas.
some people in my school said the answer was NH4+ and Fe+2 but how is it possible for a solid to have TWO POSITIVE ions??
i personally answered Fe+2 and OH-

Thanking you in advance
it is FE 2+ (green ppt. ) and NH4+ cuz there is an alkanine gas

Reaction score
how come!!!!! galvanising means zinc ,i made it stainless steel and if u know that stainless steel does not rust and it is used in cutlery ,surgical instruments then what ???????????? :?:

Reaction score
how come!!!!! galvanising means zinc ,i made it stainless steel and if u know that stainless steel does not rust and it is used in cutlery ,surgical instruments then what ???????????? :?:

Reaction score
for the crystals questions the order was 2 1 2 4 ... cuz the heating part said heat the crystals it didnt say heat the solution or whtever and by heating crystals u damage them .. so no heating

Reaction score
SoOona said:
for the crystals questions the order was 2 1 2 4 ... cuz the heating part said heat the crystals it didnt say heat the solution or whtever and by heating crystals u damage them .. so no heating
whatever ... how do u wash the crystal and there r no crystals .......... 1234

Reaction score
Romeo10 said:
Dean713 said:
Guess Who said:
2124 was the answer

2 Filter
1 Concentrate
2 Filter
4 Wash

40/40 SURE!

1.concentrate
2.filter
3.wash
4.heat
yes i made 1 2 3 4 like DEAN .....GUESS WHO how u crystallize the crystals????? ( by heating )
I totally agree with the fact that the answer is (filter,concentrate,filter,wash)
Because you need to first filter (2) to remove the excess :cool: and heating can remove water of crystallization thus you get powder and not crystals

Reaction score
what about the question which said which of the following does not produce methane?
some ppl from my school put A and some put B which one is right?

Reaction score
the question said' hydrated crystalls' which means that the crystalls contains water so NO HEATING the crystals iam 100% sure