• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry paper 42

Reaction score
the thing which disappointed me is that there were no questions on electrode potential, lattice energy and electrophoresis, and i knew these topics best!!

Reaction score
anyhow in last question related to nmr, what was the compound?
the molecular formula was C4H9OH but what was the structural formula? i wrote CH3CH2CH(OH)CH3

Reaction score
anyhow in last question related to nmr, what was the compound?
the molecular formula was C4H9OH but what was the structural formula? i wrote CH3CH2CH(OH)CH3
Oh sorry mine was CH3CH(CH3)CH2OH

I found it very hard thoughhhh..... Expect the threshold to be around hi 40s (47-48 to be exact for A)

Reaction score
isn't this too low? :/ i guess it would be around 65, chemistry threshold is always high..
I know.... Last year for O/N 2013 paper 4s, IIRC the threshold is around 65s.... But this is soo hard.. :( So based from the previous thresholds (and isn't the syllabus changed for this exam session?), then I guess it will be around 55-58.

Reaction score
i s
I know.... Last year for O/N 2013 paper 4s, IIRC the threshold is around 65s.... But this is soo hard.. :( So based from the previous thresholds (and isn't the syllabus changed for this exam session?), then I guess it will be around 55-58.
eriously hope so :)

Reaction score
Oh sorry mine was CH3CH(CH3)CH2OH

I found it very hard thoughhhh..... Expect the threshold to be around hi 40s (47-48 to be exact for A)
Yea u wrote correct structure cuz only this structure had 3 peaks and i figured this after the paper:(