• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY PAPER 34 On 31st MAY

Reaction score
Ok so no one wants to reply me regarding the error thing, i totally understand, its the last day :p but please confirm this.
2 d.p balance uncertainty = +-0.01 g
measuring cylinder = +- 0.5 cm3
burette = +-0.05 cm3
thermometer = +-0.5 *C
we multiply this by number of readings divided by our reading then x 100, to find % error. Correct? That's all i need to know regarding errors and uncertainties?

Reaction score
Ok so no one wants to reply me regarding the error thing, i totally understand, its the last day :p but please confirm this.
2 d.p balance uncertainty = +-0.01 g
measuring cylinder = +- 0.5 cm3
burette = +-0.05 cm3
thermometer = +-0.5 *C
we multiply this by number of readings divided by our reading then x 100, to find % error. Correct? That's all i need to know regarding errors and uncertainties?
dude firstly they will give the the error with you most of the time , while sometimes you have to find it yourself which is the least count and if you have take two values such as a tritrate which requires the subtraction of inital and final volumes then you need to multiply the least count by 2.

Reaction score
dude firstly they will give the the error with you most of the time , while sometimes you have to find it yourself which is the least count and if you have take two values such as a tritrate which requires the subtraction of inital and final volumes then you need to multiply the least count by 2.
Thanks Alot! Can you confirm if my uncertainties are correct.. I am confused about the 2d.p balance.. is it 0.01 or 0.005?

Reaction score
HERE IS THE PREDICTION

1) Rates using H2O2 and Starch And KI
2) Enthalpy between Mg and acid
3) Qualitative analysis (Salts unknown/disputed)
maybe 3 cations and anions

Last edited:
Reaction score
HERE IS THE PREDICTION

1) Rates using H2O2 and Starch And KI
2) Enthalpy between Mg and acid
3) Qualitative analysis (Salts unknown/disputed)
if those are the first 2 q's then salts must be sodium carbonate and copper sulfate. But... where will be sodium thiosulfate be used then?

Reaction score
so we are expecting this reaction to come
so, when timing, do we have to take multiple readings, then average. Or one reading only?

Reaction score
I cannot. Its illegal. Only thing confirmed is H2O2. Al3+ and Mn2+ ions are not present 99% chance. NOT PRESENT
BE OUR SAVIOUR btw homie the papers arent leaked so these are all guesses hence its perfectly fine . and tell us all the ions not present ;) that way youre not telling the answer xD

Reaction score
Ok guyz. According to Hassan's picture posted,
sir said 60% chance of rates , 40% chance of titration.
Tyoe iodometric with CuSo4 in google
Also small enthalpy might come if it is rate, but a bigger one might come if it is titration.
Qualitative Analysis Notes : Mn2+ or Al3+ wont be present it seems (not reliable)

Reaction score
Ok guyz. According to Hassan's picture posted,
sir said 60% chance of rates , 40% chance of titration.
Tyoe iodometric with CuSo4 in google
Also small enthalpy might come if it is rate, but a bigger one might come if it is titration.
Qualitative Analysis Notes : Mn2+ or Al3+ wont be present it seems (not reliable)
what about the one question you knew xD