• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 33 how was it?

Reaction score
well to be honest it was a horrible paper :p
I hope we all did wel in p2 and wil IN SHAA ALLAH do wel in p1!!!
so cheers!!! everyone who did bad in p3 ( lyk me) just chillax and study hard for p1.. the best thing to do for mcq's is to do loads and loads of pastpapers :D

Reaction score
i
Was for me; some others are saying no.
I wrote FA6 nitrite and all observations for it, similarly sulphate for FA7, since much of my time was wasted, couldn't perform the tests properly so by the Barium Chloride test guessed these!

Reaction score
Thats my point. One person can be wrong but everyone who did that paper and titration cant be! Everyone of our lab got M as nitrogen with mr of 14. Some even got 14 but wrote the answer K, li and metals of group 1.
But can you tell me one thing, Was FA 7 sulphate or sulphite?
I got Nitrogen too but I know now that I made a mistake. I forgot to calculate the concentration after the dilution. Maybe you guys made the same mistake.

Reaction score
I got Nitrogen too but I know now that I made a mistake. I forgot to calculate the concentration after the dilution. Maybe you guys made the same mistake.
yes u had to divide the concentration by ten and ull get K

Reaction score
i
I wrote FA6 nitrite and all observations for it, similarly sulphate for FA7, since much of my time was wasted, couldn't perform the tests properly so by the Barium Chloride test guessed these!
Well, I performed the test for nitrite, the adding dilute acid to get a gas test, and I did get bubbles of gas for FA6, so probably it was nitrite. Unless the bubbles were something totally unrelated!

Reaction score
Well, I performed the test for nitrite, the adding dilute acid to get a gas test, and I did get bubbles of gas for FA6, so probably it was nitrite. Unless the bubbles were something totally unrelated!
I didn't have time to perform so I just wrote a gas is evolved which turned red litmus paper blue and had a pungent smell. Just copied it off the test sheet. Two invigilators were hovering over me that the time has elapsed but they wasted much of my time. Gave me a faulty dropper, it took time replacing. Then they took time giving me a solution in first experiment when I ended up with it and also when I asked for a burner, the other guy was using it and it took time then right when I was heating in the nitrite ion test, a blackout occurred and there was no other light source in the lab. Bad conditions. :/

Reaction score
A
Did you perform this test on FA7 what did you get?

Reaction score
My practicals were held in jublee branch and they didnt even provide me with reagents for last question.i complained about it and they told me that i had to share with others. Because of them doing their work with their reagents, my work got held off and i was unable to do my salt question properly.
Let me add that i did complain about not being provided with the reagents but they told me to share. And when i told another teacher, she was rude and scolded me instead. Now, im hundred percent sure my grade will be affected. Can you tell me what to do?

What should i do? Please help! Should i contact cie?
I did P31.. so sad for you but hope u get a gd grade..
I had a small problem, my burette was dropping near the tap, so I guess my Titre value was a bit high because of that

Reaction score
W
when i added just Hcl to both FA6 and FA7 i didnt see any change is that right?
I added HCL to the white ppts formed by Barium chloride and in FA7 precipitates remained insoluble which suggested it was sulphate.

Reaction score
hey guys can u tell me how the paper was...what u gt on number 1 n 2?...i gt paper 34 i can hav sme idea..plzz help..how many number u gt..what wre they...plzz help
guys

Reaction score
W
I added HCL to the white ppts formed by Barium chloride and in FA7 precipitates remained insoluble which suggested it was sulphate.
is this for the last test where they just add Hcl to FA6 and Fa7? cause i remember 1st one for FA6 when you add Naoh with Al foil red litmus turns blue and ammonia is given off and for FA7 No change is seen then Hcl is added where in FA6 a brown gas appears confirming its Nitrite