• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 32 discussion

Reaction score
I left last question and some parts :(

But explanation questions were easy !

Em getting ready for bio pp1 though still 1 day:)

Regards,

Reaction score
Paper 32 was a total treat !!!
Except for time management which was a bit tricky since the paper was lengthy for me, the actual questions weren't that hard I thought.

Reaction score
it wsnt tht bad!!!
i mean ok it wsnt exceptionally good as well!!! :(

tht mole ques about the hydrocarbon
a lot of my frnds got it wrong

im not sure i got it rite either

cant wait to discuss the ppr!!!!

Reaction score
gary221 said:
it wsnt tht bad!!!
i mean ok it wsnt exceptionally good as well!!! :(

tht mole ques about the hydrocarbon
a lot of my frnds got it wrong

im not sure i got it rite either

cant wait to discuss the ppr!!!!

Me too. Our variant 1 was easy , I think I will get what I wanted to get , just can't wait to discuss few questions.. Unfortunately , I did 2 dumb mistakes and I'm going to dream about that 3 marks tonight !

Reaction score
Wasn't as long as BIo and Phy paper 3. Pretty easy actually. The hard questions weren't really that hard to figure out.

Reaction score
PAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPERRRRRRRRRRR WASSSSSSSSSSS AWWWWWWWWSSSSOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.............!!!....I STILL FEEEL LIKE IM DREAMING!..IT WAS DAT GOOD....N I SAT DOWN REDY TO FAIL.......................IT WAS SHORT!

Reaction score
I knew people like u will say it is short but in my view u may have done many questions wrong because for almost the whole exam u had to read the question properly..
This takes sometime and cause delay therefore u say it was short
It was the same in my school one guy said the same words like you and at the end we found out that he was filled with lot of mistakes

Reaction score
oh god i just figured out a dumb mistake i made in the cells question
:x :x :x :x :x

Reaction score
Paper was pretty easy for me. It was short but like someone above said, you had to think about the questions and read them properly so I didn't finish quickly.

The hardest question in my opinion was the one asking why using biodiesel is has less effect on the carbon dioxide concentration in air than using fossil fuels.

My answer was along the lines of biodiesel is made from methanol which is made from those very same fossil fuels that release carbon dioxide into the air.

Anyone else use the same idea to answer that question. What did you guys write?

Reaction score
I used a different idea. At first I was thinking that biodiesel is made from vegetable oil which comes from plants which have livewd recently. These plants absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, so when they are burned it is released again.

But, during the exam I was thinking that crude oil comes from dead organic matter (including plants) so I panicked a bit and wrote something else, though I think I should've put what I just wrote as my answer :(

What I ended us writing was that heat is required to separate crude oil, so fossil fuels are burned to provide this heat, which in turn releases CO2. Though I pretty much made that answer up, I had never thought about where that heat comes from when I was revising so I really don't know if that's how it is actually produced.