• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 3

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hello everybody(salam),
Most of us will be having our next exam after 10 days which is chemistry paper 3.
Please share how you are planning to prepare for it.Share any tips here.

Well I would personally suggest to download the revision checklist and go through all the points.While doing this , if you feel less confident about any point,look up that part in your notes . This will help you cover up everything in the shortest possible time. Have a knowledge of the core topics but focus mainly on topics for extended syllabus as 75% of the paper will be from these! Once you are done with this ,start solving some pastpapers and after that do look in the mark scheme for any additional points and while solving if you feel that you need revision for a certain topic, revise it.Use your time in an efficient way.Keep praying for everyone!

All the Best!! :)

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Hello everybody(salam),
Most of us will be having our next exam after 10 days which is chemistry paper 3.
Please share how you are planning to prepare for it.Share any tips here.

Well I would personally suggest to download the revision checklist and go through all the points.While doing this , if you feel less confident about any point,look up that part in your notes . This will help you cover up everything in the shortest possible time. Have a knowledge of the core topics but focus mainly on topics for extended syllabus as 75% of the paper will be from these! Once you are done with this ,start solving some pastpapers and after that do look in the mark scheme for any additional points and while solving if you feel that you need revision for a certain topic, revise it.Use your time in an efficient way.Keep praying for everyone!

All the Best!! :)

Thanks for these tips ( Jazaak(i) Allahu Khairan ) , I've got nothing else to say except , Check your Textbook , it contains a number of IGCSE Theory Questions , or it should... Practice these well.

Reaction score
Hmm actually i'd say take a break for a day.
Relax you brain
forget about all the other exams.
Try to clear you memory to add the chem stuff (Brain's like your computer)
Then Make notes on each topic of chem from your Notebook
believe me Writing stuff Will really Help Remember!!!!!

Then As others said practice pastpapers,
See the syllabus
Search things which you're not sure of on the internet or you're notes.
Read the Syllabus As a question paper not as a study GUIDE!
Cause the syllabus only highlight the topics, not the questions in the exam.
YOU HAVE 9 days now.
UTILIZE THEM PROPERLY!
So you have no regrets!

If this helped please leave a Comment :p

Reaction score
alright then, here's a comment:
Umm, ur right i agree
plus everything u said is REALLY helpful..........

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I have a question,can some one please tell me that when a question asks why the substance conducts electricity when do we write coz of free electrons and when do we write it has free ions??

Reaction score
I think u say free electrons in the case of solids and free ions when melt is in a molted state!

Reaction score
shalado95 said:
I think u say free electrons in the case of solids and free ions when melt is in a molted state!

Free electrons in both , free ions would mean the charged atoms themselves.

*EDIT : Free ions when talking about a solution or just like Shalado95 said , molten stuff like Ionic Compounds and metals*

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
actually i mean when should we say that it conducts electricity becuse it has free ions but sometimes we say it conducts electricity because it has free electrons

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
actually i mean when should we say that it conducts electricity becuse it has free ions but sometimes we say it conducts electricity because it has free electrons

Okay , I didn't understand what you meant... But I just read it somewhere a while ago. that it is because of free electrons , like in Metallic Bonding , Positive ions and Electrons moving all around the ions , That is why it is Conducting , but in Covalent Bonding they are sharing electrons between only the number of atoms in the molecules , that is why it is bad conducting because it only conducts to the atoms of the molecule , While in Ionic Bonding , Wherein Electrons are lost and gained , the atoms form a lattice that doesn't conduct because each ion is completely satisfied by its electrons , in other words ... won't let it go due to that Electrostatic attraction that is found there while when it is molten , the lattice is broken and the electrons are free to move between them just like Metallic bonds..

Reaction score
Guys, Can I Please Know Where to get The 2010 Specimen Paper For Extended Chemistry!!!

Please Reply As soon as posible!!!!!