• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 3 Discussionnnnn

Reaction score
this paper will be difficult and no matter how good you are in chemistry it will be a bit of a challenge. may God help us all

Reaction score
You're probably right but there are polymer names to learn like polyacrylonitrile and such... and I am NOT good at memorizing.

Reaction score
Did anybody see the moles question in May/June 2007 ? Can someone help me ?
Page 13; http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Chemistry (0620)/0620_s07_qp_3.pdf

This questions is pretty easy if you look at it. I solved it below.

(d.) Part 1: How many grams of Iodine react with 884g of fat?

Well, 100g react with 86.2g (given in question) so cross-multiply.

(884*86.2)/100 = 762g. (which react with 884g of fat).

Part 2: One mole of fat reacts with how many moles of Iodine molecules?

The keyword in this question is molecules. We know that Iodine exists in the diatomic form meaning it would be I2. One Iodine atom has the Atomic mass of 127 so if you multiply that by 2 (I2) you get 254.
To find the number of moles you the formula = Mass/Mr.
Our mass of Iodine is 762g (found in Part 1). Divide this by 254 and you get 3 moles. If you get 3 moles, that means there are 3 bonds.
Hope I helped! :)

Reaction score
This questions is pretty easy if you look at it. I solved it below.

(d.) Part 1: How many grams of Iodine react with 884g of fat?

Well, 100g react with 86.2g (given in question) so cross-multiply.

(884*86.2)/100 = 762g. (which react with 884g of fat).

Part 2: One mole of fat reacts with how many moles of Iodine molecules?

The keyword in this question is molecules. We know that Iodine exists in the diatomic form meaning it would be I2. One Iodine atom has the Atomic mass of 127 so if you multiply that by 2 (I2) you get 254.
To find the number of moles you the formula = Mass/Mr.
Our mass of Iodine is 762g (found in Part 1). Divide this by 254 and you get 3 moles. If you get 3 moles, that means there are 3 bonds.
Hope I helped! :)

(y) Thank you.

Reaction score
I'm scared about organic chemistry coming up... remembering structures and all that. Oh and redox reactions. Good luck everyone! :'/

Reaction score
I'm scared about organic chemistry coming up... remembering structures and all that. Oh and redox reactions. Good luck everyone! :'/
me too... especially about esters and carboxylic acid stuff o_O
But the Redox reactions can be quite easy as soon as you understand them :I

Reaction score
i have a problem with the chemical reactions chapter
so when the get u a graph of a rate of reaction and they say sketch the graph of the same experiment using a more concentrated acid for example,when do we join the two graphs (same end volume of hydrogen for example) and when do we not?