• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 22: Discussion and Grade Threshold

Reaction score
Lol.
All these punks claiming the threshold would be 'around 50-53' seriously need to understand first how the concept of grade threshold works. It should be remembered that only because you had a good paper (which I am sure some of the people chanting about a high threshold didn't) doesn't mean that others did too.
Won't be more than 44 for an A.
For your information if you dont have knowledge about something its better you abstain from insulting. I only said grade thresh hold will be around 50 because
1) the paper was easy
2) at our centre even those who were mediocre and failed mocks said they expected 45+..........

for your information in the may june 2010 session the grade thresh hold for BIOLOGY PAPER 21 was 50=A, 47=B.......will you please tell me that why it was 50...according to you 48 is maximum.......lolz...............i love proving people wrong.............

download the summer 10 GT for 9700 and check your self and then i hope ull take ur words back......

Reaction score
For your information if you dont have knowledge about something its better you abstain from insulting. I only said grade thresh hold will be around 50 because
1) the paper was easy
2) at our centre even those who were mediocre and failed mocks said they expected 45+..........

for your information in the may june 2010 session the grade thresh hold for BIOLOGY PAPER 21 was 50=A, 47=B.......will you please tell me that why it was 50...according to you 48 is maximum.......lolz...............i love proving people wrong.............

download the summer 10 GT for 9700 and check your self and then i hope ull take ur words back......
totally agree but still hope for lower GT ...Although had an awesome paper!!

Reaction score
1) the paper was easy

Ahahaha, " those who were mediocre and failed mocks expected 45+". I stopped taking you seriously past that point. The mocks do not under any definition decide your worth as a student or the mark you can achieve in CIE. I fail mocks all the time and get straight A's and I know tons of other students who do as well.

On topic, I hope threshold will be low, coming out of the exam I realized I made several silly mistakes. Heard most people say it went well but quite a few say it went badly too. I think GT will be just average. Not too low like 40(which was on a very easy paper) and not too high like 50. 44-45 probably.

Reaction score
After 2010, the A grade threshold for Chemistry paper 2 cannot exceed 48. It's simple math, really. 48/60 *100%= 80%, for an absolute grade of 80%. If you weren't so busy telling people to do badly and keep the GT low, you'd realise that.
ppl did u see the article from cie side...He told that from this year onwords there will be a strick checking and everything...i dint remember the rest ....wt he said...

Reaction score
1) the paper was easy

I did not get personal or point fingers at anybody. And if you want to talk about the grade threshold of Biology, then I guess you're in the wrong thread.

Reaction score
As far as im concerned i just wanted to show you that the thresh holds do indeed cross 48...which you were not beleiving as you said that cuz 48/60 =80% it doesnt go gigher up..............well that biology example proves that it reaches 50.....nd im nt discussing biology.....im just showing thresh holds....if bio can reach 50...why not chemistry............

Reaction score
don't be over confident.who knows the mark scheme would be more strict this year,as mostly said the paper was very easy right?

Reaction score
ppl did u see the article from cie side...He told that from this year onwords there will be a strick checking and everything...i dint remember the rest ....wt he said...

They're still speculating on that. Nothing has been confirmed yet. It's just that last year's pass rate (98.7%) was kind of like a wake up call for them and the board's contemplating to notch up the standards for the paper soon. All this is to give students a taste of the university standards, as they say.

Reaction score
I know y'all will discuss the answers after 24 hours, but can someone PLEASE tell me how you proved that there were two functional groups in G in Q4? I spent like half an hour on that question -__-'

Reaction score
plz ppl better to leave everything on Allah now...however was our paper neither we can change watever we wrote in the paper nor the CIE ppl will change watever treshold they want to keep for grade A and all...so Y to waste our time...better to focus on the upcoming exams....:)

Reaction score
They're still speculating on that. Nothing has been confirmed yet. It's just that last year's pass rate (98.7%) was kind of like a wake up call for them and the board's contemplating to notch up the standards for the paper soon. All this is to give students a taste of the university standards, as they say.
ok....i was shocked...i was like if they wanted to keep the gradings high and alll they could have inform us from the beginning of the year...ohhh thank God....

Reaction score
plz ppl better to leave everything on Allah now...however was our paper neither we can change watever we wrote in the paper nor the CIE ppl will change watever treshold they want to keep for grade A and all...so Y to waste our time...better to focus on the upcoming exams....:)
I agree :) but I would still like to discuss some answers tomorrow, once the 24 hours are up.

Reaction score

That's basically has to do nothing with CIE
there are like 15 Boards in U.K and the pass rate of all of them exceeded 97 %
SO, dont worry it has nothing to do with CIE , it's already very tough compared to AQA,Edexel etc..

All you people are just saying it easy because of the short paper and excess time for the 4 questions
Paper was comparatively easy from the past few years.
Organic questions were very very well designed and most of the candidates including me lost marks in the organic questions.believe me they were too tricky
A lot of people did very well while a lot of people messed it up too

Grade threshold
46 - 48 - A (Most probably)