• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 2

Reaction score
i gues is AlCl3..
mny sy its P..bt i wrte Na
jst flpd organic!!!:(
I'm not sure if it's AlCl3 or Al2Cl6. I wrote P too, don't know why. Never heard of PCl5/PCl3 burning with a coloured flame, weird question man.
And did Aluminum chloride dissolve or react? I think it reacts coz it forms a complex and an H+. meh

Reaction score
For the empirical formula part:
C was 37.5 %, H was 4.17% and O was 58.3% so,
C:H:O = 37.5/12 : 4.17/1 : 58.3/16
= 3.125 : 4.17 : 3.644 then divide all values by lowest value 3.125 so,
= 1 : 1.334 : 1.166 then multiply sll values by 6 to obtain simplest whole no. ratio
= 6 : 8 : 7
Hence, the answer was definitely C6H8O7! :)

Reaction score
"Aluminium chloride is hygroscopic, having a very high affinity for water. It fumes in moist air and hisses when mixed with liquid water as the Cl- ions are displaced with H2O molecules in the lattice to form the hexahydrate AlCl3·6H2O (also white to yellowish in color). The anhydrous phase cannot be regained on heating as HCl is lost leaving aluminium hydroxide or alumina (aluminium oxide):"

That should count as a reaction right? Dissolving? Pfft

Reaction score
yaar skeletal formula kaisay banana tha...? cis trans ka kaisay pata chalta hai skeletal formula mein -_-

Reaction score
AlCl3 or Al2Cl6?
Does Aluminum chloride react with water or dissolve in it?
The period 3 chloride which burns with a colored flame is?
The organic question, do both the -COOH groups get converted to an ester group when they react with an alcohol?
AlCl3, Na burns with a yellow flame, and AlCl3 reacts pH 1-4
and yes both the -COOH reacted with the alcohol

Reaction score
ya dere is but in dis particular question we r gvn with just one alcohol just CH3OH

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's AlCl3 or Al2Cl6. I wrote P too, don't know why. Never heard of PCl5/PCl3 burning with a coloured flame, weird question man.
And did Aluminum chloride dissolve or react? I think it reacts coz it forms a complex and an H+. meh
Al forms a yellow sold bt dsnt burn with colourd flam!!!
idk:unsure: ..its al up to da CIE xaminer!!!:cautious:

Reaction score
why does argon not react with chlorine?
Ans: The Ea for reaction is very high
will we get full marks for this?
the same question has come in may june 2010 p2 variant 22

Reaction score
Are you guyz sure it was -129? Coz the enthalpy change of the reaction worked out to +129 for me and my friends. :-/
Variant 22