• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry p52!

Reaction score
For number 1, we had to reduce the lead oxides, then collect the water vapour by condensing it? This is the only way I could think of obtaining the ratio of lead to oxygen atoms :/ Usually, the first question is pretty straightforward. This time Cambridge had some fun it seems

Reaction score
For number 1, we had to reduce the lead oxides, then collect the water vapour by condensing it? This is the only way I could think of obtaining the ratio of lead to oxygen atoms :/ Usually, the first question is pretty straightforward. This time Cambridge had some fun it seems
yeah you said it all. you remember the first part of the first question? the number of moles of oxygen atoms needed?

Reaction score
yeah you said it all. you remember the first part of the first question? the number of moles of oxygen atoms needed?
Yes, for PbO it was 1, PbO2 it was 2, Pb3O4 was 4/3 or 1.33 i think. Just had to write the equation, and use oxygen atoms instead of o2 molecules.
How was it overall for you?

Reaction score
Yes, for PbO it was 1, PbO2 it was 2, Pb3O4 was 4/3 or 1.33 i think. Just had to write the equation, and use oxygen atoms instead of o2 molecules.
How was it overall for you?
messed up the whole of question 1, question 2 was great but aint sure if my graph's correct! i got something like this : Untitled.png

Reaction score
i measured the mass before reduction and mass after reduction. This way, you'll be able to get mass of Pb and oxygen. What were your dependent and independent variable?