• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P52 GT

Whats going to be the threshold of Chem P52 - no discussion atm

• Total voters
Reaction score
Di

Dilution factor 200?? If it is 200, your final solution will have a concentration of 5/200 = 0.025moldm-3. You don't use that formula c1v1 = c2v2 here. Original solution is 5moldm-3. A volume of it is to be diluted to get 1moldm-3. So dilution factor is 5 or 1/5.
bro giving the formula is necessary in order to explain the actual methode or else marks would be deducted

Reaction score
my partition coeff was greater than 1 since i wrote conc of nh3 in water/ conc of ammonia in trichloro
and for the reason why titration wasnt done using trichloromethane, i wrote just because conc of nh3 is too low in it very little vol of h2s04 will titrate with it giving more percentage error.
you wrote the formula incorrect it should be tricloromethane/water

Reaction score
bro what ever u did is fine you will loose one mark for the dilution factor and stop posting the answers without confirmation of anything and i was confused about the rate being negative aswell i changed it to positive cause the inital rate gradient would always be negative and in all calculations i saw positive answer :/ . my factor cam nearly 1/5 but a little less ( you also had to include the volume of NH3 in the CHCl3 i guess) . i am loosing around 2-3 marks but i am happy :D