• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P42 Discussion

Reaction score
the question on transition metals,where it involve the drawing of D-orbital
and also question on chemical equilibria
(Kc) which we usually get on paper 2

Reaction score
I felt that i was doing an AS exam Nt an A2 :x
Does anyone know the answer for the organic part ( converting phenylamine to phenol ) because i think it was out the syllabus ??

Reaction score
infact you should carry out diazotisation by using dilute HCL and NaNO2
below 10'c to form the diazonium salt.then warm the salt with dilute acid to phenol

Reaction score
For the D-orbitals i've drawn 3 in the degenerate form and 2 in a higher energy level . dnt know if its right or wrong !

Reaction score
WhiteAngel said:
For the D-orbitals i've drawn 3 in the degenerate form and 2 in a higher energy level . dnt know if its right or wrong !

What did you draw for the question before that which asked us to show the axes? (the one before the question with the arrow showing an increase in energy level)

Reaction score
i've drawn 2 lopes BETWEEN the x-axis and the y-axis which are symmetrical in shape . but iam nt really sure of it too !

Reaction score
Order of reaction is 1,1 and 1 and ame sure of it as my teacher already corrected the whole paper :)

Reaction score
yup i got 111 as well, and the rate i got at the end was 8. Messed up the Kc bit though, my expression and units were wrong :S i wrote kc= the reactants/products -_- and no units, even though i think the units were mol^-dm^3