• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P4 Help needed

Reaction score
^I need help with Benzene Structure.
In reaction Kinectics-Rate Mechanisms,I don't understand that,could someone explain that too!
Cheers!

Reaction score
bineetojha said:
well i cold help u with the physical portion.. but not benzene //
can you please explain why the color of halogen deepens down the group! The syllabus mentions n-(pi)* transition but I seriously am at loss to understand that!

Reaction score
bineetojha said:
please help me with the benzene and NMR topics and hints for application portion !!! :(
what kind of help do you require with benzene?

Reaction score
Tell me why in May/June 2010/ 43, question 2.b.i they take the lattice energy as positive? It doesn't make any sense.

Reaction score
Also, in the same paper (43/M/J/10) question 7.d.i doesn't make sense to me. How do we know what the chain is supposed to be?

Reaction score
fluffycloud said:
May juen 2010 paper 43 how do you the E naught values of PBO2 +AH +SO4 +2E---------PBSO4 +2H20

You mean question 8.b? Find the E values from data booklet for PbO2 + 4H+ +2e ---> Pb2+ + 2H2O and the other reaction and then the more positive value minus the less positive will give you the E of cell.

Reaction score
zeena123 said:
Also, in the same paper (43/M/J/10) question 7.d.i doesn't make sense to me. How do we know what the chain is supposed to be?
.....in this thing we've gotta make the sequence of amino acid in such a way that it can form all the given tripeptides in the questn.....so since it shud start from lysine...so lets start from lys-val -ser now there's another tripeptide ser-ala-gly....so u get -ser- common.....now merge the chains.....lys-val-ser-ala-gly-.....(now if u did notice u've already included the tripeptide -val-ser-ala- in your newly formed sequence.....)again merge this chain with -gly-ala-gly-.....with -gly- common .you get...-lys-val-ser-ala-gly-ala-gly-....and now the only left tripeptide is -ala-gly-asp-......since u already have the last amino acid sequenced as ala-gly so now just put _asp_after gly......so ur shortest polypeptide thus required is lys-val-ser-ala-gly-ala-gly-asp.........hope u got it! :)

Reaction score
And how is it that the answer to the last part of this question is Aspartic acid/ lysin.

Reaction score
@zeena halogens ..means group 7 it's in as..and their color deepen because of increasing vandewaal's forcea due to increasing molecular size down the group.//

Reaction score
bineetojha said:
@zeena halogens ..means group 7 it's in as..and their color deepen because of increasing vandewaal's forcea due to increasing molecular size down the group.//
first it was me who asked the question (confusion between zeena and zeebu). I don't think intermolecular forces account for the deepening of the color

Reaction score
zeena123 said:
And how is it that the answer to the last part of this question is Aspartic acid/ lysin.
aspartic acid has two -cooh groups....and lysine has two -Nh2 group...so this makes the amino acids slightly acidic or basic.....