• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P31

Reaction score
Finally someone understands it is definitely A!!...P.s for the guys who r saying that in a cell the cathode looses mass...THIS IS NOT A CELL!! A CELL HAS THE ELECTRODES MADE UP OF 2 DIFFERENT METALS WHILE THIS ONE HAS THE SAME ELECTRODESSSSSSS -__________________________________-
oh stop glorifying your ignorance. the difference between a cell and not a cell is not the electrodes, its the fact that one produces electricity from chemical energy and the other producing chemical energy from electrical energy. '__'

Reaction score
Guys who said you can't have more than 8 electrons, check the electron distributions on the Internet and he told u what is the number if electrons in the last shell so you can't just assume that it is 3 or 4 the answer is 11 and I'm very very sure
Brother it can not be 11 electrons this is becoz u can only put 11 , 12,13 etc or any other no. in the last shell

Reaction score
Finally someone understands it is definitely A!!...P.s for the guys who r saying that in a cell the cathode looses mass...THIS IS NOT A CELL!! A CELL HAS THE ELECTRODES MADE UP OF 2 DIFFERENT METALS WHILE THIS ONE HAS THE SAME ELECTRODESSSSSSS -__________________________________-
yaay! A is right! :D TY:)

Reaction score
oh stop glorifying your ignorance. the difference between a cell and not a cell is not the electrodes, its the fact that one produces electricity from chemical energy and the other producing chemical energy from electrical energy. '__'
...AND the electrode dude :p

Reaction score
Now stop discussing about the electrodes question !!! you can now never change ur answer

Every 1 lost marks I lost like 15 marks :( Hopefully gt will be low so no worries just do good in paper 1

Reaction score
If you r trying to make a statement then you can make one politely. Secondly, i know this is not a difference you idiot but a cell has its electrodes made up of 2 different metals but this one had its electrodes made up of only iron so its not a cell n i dont care wat it is all i know that its not a cell. Oh ya..the other thing is called electrolysis.

Reaction score
If you r trying to make a statement then you can make one politely. Secondly, i know this is not a difference you idiot but a cell has its electrodes made up of 2 different metals but this one had its electrodes made up of only iron so its not a cell n i dont care wat it is all i know that its not a cell. Oh ya..the other thing is called electrolysis.
Are you sure it isn't a cell???So why is this called Another cell is shown ?
UYDEuo.png

I am not gonna post this again ! Enough said IT IS B....The mass of A remains constant as it receives electrons from B........
And those who say that cathode=negative electrode , anode=positive electrode ARE WRONG
Cathode=Reduction reaction occuring
Anode=Oxidation reaction occuring.
This differs from an electrolysis cell and a normal cell
The electrolysis cell contains a normal cell

Reaction score
UYDEuo.png

I am not gonna post this again ! Enough said IT IS B....The mass of A remains constant as it receives electrons from B........
And those who say that cathode=negative electrode , anode=positive electrode ARE WRONG
which ppr is this from?

Reaction score
UYDEuo.png

Well u might be right about it being a cell but i still strongly disagree its b...Im nt gonna waste my time arguing with you guys i hve other stuff to do..it doesnt matter anyways i cant change my answer even if i am wrong.

Reaction score
I strongly disagree its b...Im nt gonna waste my time arguing with you guys i hve other stuff to do..it doesnt matter anyways i cant change my answer even if i am wrong.
Okay fine..You said it wasnt a cell..I brought you a proof..

Reaction score
Well it is over ...
Dude u knw wat the answer is so obvious..i dnt even know y i am arguing with u...The oxygen is bubbled through the electrode..then the iron reacts with the oxygen to form Iron 2 oxide which settles down as shown in the diagram. This will make this electrode loose mass n the other will remain the same. I cannot care to think that you are right while all the smart people who said its A are wrong PERIOD.

Reaction score
u guys .. what's gone is gone .. we cant go back & it wont do u any good if u sit and regret every answer u got wrong first have faith that u did ur best .. that the curving is still there & that u still have a chance to do well in paper 1 .. i lost alot of marks .. for one minute i felt im getting a C .. but then looking at the bright side :) .. i can still do my best in paper 1 JUST THINK POSITIVE & FORGET WHAT HAPPENED :D gd luck all in the exam

Reaction score
u guys .. what's gone is gone .. we cant go back & it wont do u any good if u sit and regret every answer u got wrong first have faith that u did ur best .. that the curving is still there & that u still have a chance to do well in paper 1 .. i lost alot of marks .. for one minute i felt im getting a C .. but then looking at the bright side :) .. i can still do my best in paper 1 JUST THINK POSITIVE & FORGET WHAT HAPPENED :D gd luck all in the exam
Well said :)

Reaction score
nope i think it is gonna be low , many students said it was hard after the exam , and some said it was amazing and they are expecting 50 out of 80 ?? like how is dat amazing ??? xD

and also not everyone "CLAIMING" he did good it means it is true

besides , all the years where low even o/n 2011 which was easier was low so yes it will remain low :)
Even if the paper is really easy curve would go up by 2 or 3 marks