• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P31

Reaction score
Listen everyone! each nd every one of u is wrong! u knw why? the electrode which is supposed to be oxidised is A NOT B! the examiner never asked oxidation in terms of electrons! the experiment which was going on was actually electroplating! in electroplating object which gets electroplated is always at anode (+) electrode and the object which is decresed in size is supposed to be cathode! were u all sleeping or something? :p nd electroplating always takes place in a cell! soo ppl who wrote oxidation will take place at + electrode are rite! :p
So how is it electroplating when there is no battery :|
It is a cell but this type made of the same metals
The cathode is always where reduction takes place,in cell cathode is the + electrode
The anode is -ve electrode,loses electrons dissolve in the solution as ions and electrons
Move along the wire to A.The mass of A reamins constant since the Iron atoms reacting with oxygen are compensated by electrons receiving
I think it shud be 2Ag- + 2Cl- ---> 2AgCl ;)
So,how about dividing your equation by 2:|

For the organic isomers wht did you get?I wrote 1 chlorobutane and 2 chlorobutane

Reaction score
Listen everyone! each nd every one of u is wrong! u knw why? the electrode which is supposed to be oxidised is A NOT B! the examiner never asked oxidation in terms of electrons! the experiment which was going on was actually electroplating! in electroplating object which gets electroplated is always at anode (+) electrode and the object which is decresed in size is supposed to be cathode! were u all sleeping or something? :p nd electroplating always takes place in a cell! soo ppl who wrote oxidation will take place at + electrode are rite! :p

B was the cathode! So it was B that was the answer according to ur explanation not A...

Reaction score
Ins4n3_G4M3R
i understand your argument, and I put A
but the explanation you gave is wrong. according to your explanation, the object to be plated is the anode. it's actually the cathode.

Reaction score
Calcium oxide slightly soluble in water to from a slightly alkaline solution of Ca(OH)2
Calcium carbonate is insoluble so it lasts longer,doesn't increase ph 7,
For the organic isomers ,it was 1 chlorobutane and 2 chlorobutane
CH3-CH2-CH2-CH2CL
CH3-CH2-CH(CL)-CH3

Reaction score
Calcium oxide slightly soluble in water to from a slightly alkaline solution of Ca(OH)2
Calcium carbonate is insoluble so it lasts longer,doesn't increase ph 7,
For the organic isomers ,it was 1 chlorobutane and 2 chlorobutane
CH3-CH2-CH2-CH2CL
CH3-CH2-CH(CL)-CH3
are you sure about the calcium hydroxide and calcium carbonate?:confused:

Reaction score
are you sure about the calcium hydroxide and calcium carbonate?:confused:
QDNFqO.png

z1LOQR.png

I also added not absorbed by fish!

Reaction score
that's what i'm scared about.

nope i think it is gonna be low , many students said it was hard after the exam , and some said it was amazing and they are expecting 50 out of 80 ?? like how is dat amazing ??? xD

and also not everyone "CLAIMING" he did good it means it is true

besides , all the years where low even o/n 2011 which was easier was low so yes it will remain low :)

Reaction score
nope i think it is gonna be low , many students said it was hard after the exam , and some said it was amazing and they are expecting 50 out of 80 ?? like how is dat amazing ??? xD

and also not everyone "CLAIMING" he did good it means it is true

besides , all the years where low even o/n 2011 which was easier was low so yes it will remain low :)
insha allah!
i really hope you are right!

Reaction score
The reagent that converts alcohol to carboxylic acid.. I wrote potassium dichromate but i forgot to say ACIDIFIED potassium dichromate.. I will get it wrong right?
that's correct, you don't have to write acidified and i'm totally sure about it. you got that right don't worry.